Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in a domino affect car accident a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately my poor baby looks really rough. No air bags or anything but the radiator pushed in a bit. Would the costs be too much to attempt to fix it up or should I look for a different car? The mileage is about 135,000.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Grille Motor vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Grille

·
COTM Winner
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
868 Posts
Ouch Sorry to say I'd bet they total it ..

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts
I hate to say that is what happened to "#9" my last Cruze and it was totaled. I also thought it could be repaired since there were no airbags but....

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,251 Posts
Was in a domino affect car accident a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately my poor baby looks really rough. No air bags or anything but the radiator pushed in a bit. Would the costs be too much to attempt to fix it up or should I look for a different car? The mileage is about 135,000. View attachment 297523 View attachment 297524
Welcome Aboard!(y)

If it were mine, I would strip the front clip off and see what structural damage there is. What trim level is it? I see it is an RS.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze as it is, here.

National Auto Auction Association Structural Analysis - 2011 Chevrolet Cruze

·
Registered
706 Posts
If it were mine, I would strip the front clip off and see what structural damage there is. What trim level is it? I see it is an RS.
Blasirl is right, check the structural damage and if nothing damaged then you can get a lot of parts for a good price from junk yard. And if you are lucky to find the same color...

·
Registered
851 Posts
The OP writes that they were involved in a multi car accident but all we are seeing is the damage to the front end. If the Cruze was a middle car and this much damage was done to the nose then the back end SHOULD be nearly equally crunched. . . . unless the back end is pristine which likely means THEY cause the domino impacts . . .

I am guessing that the OP will not have knowledge of how to do the repairs and will therefore need to take it to a shop which will cost more than they will get from an insurance payout. A replacement vehicle will likely be significantly cheaper.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to my ‘04 Malibu, ten years ago. It had 104,000 miles on and was in perfect shape before the accident. It was totalled, and it didn’t even look as bad as what your pictures show. Sorry! 😨

Was in a domino affect car accident a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately my poor baby looks really rough. No air bags or anything but the radiator pushed in a bit. Would the costs be too much to attempt to fix it up or should I look for a different car? The mileage is about 135,000. View attachment 297523 View attachment 297524

1 - 9 of 9 Posts