Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a little bit about my Cruze its a 2015 Rally Sport 1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic just under 15,000 miles. I bought the car new.

when I am in drive if i am at the slightest incline my car will roll back. Its has rolled back several times when the road was nearly flat, yesterday as I was in reverse backing into my garage the car started to roll forward when I let off the gas. It will roll forward several inches before stopping. I really don't think this is normal... in addition to this sometimes when I give it gas on the highway it hesitates and does not want to go faster.

Is this normal or should i be concerned. If anyone else has had this issue what was the cause.

ThankS!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Rolling back on a slight hill is completely normal. When the Cruze stops, the transmission puts itself into a partial neutral state to save gas. When you release the brake, it shifts back to drive. There can be slight backwards movement as this happens. It should not roll forward in reverse though, unless it happened right after changing to reverse in which case I would say it's normal lag while the transmission selects reverse. I'd suggest keeping your foot on the brake while changing gears.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
The engagement delay that occurs upon brake pedal release will occur in either a forward or reverse gear position.......so, depending on grade, the car will roll in either direction prior to engagement.

Over time, to avoid this when on a grade, I would, while holding the brake, select my gear position, set the park brake, release the service brake so the trans would engage, then release the park brake and make my move.

Takes about 20 times longer to explain the process than do it.

Anyways, OP, your trans is working as designed.

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts