Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I think the turbo on my Cruze has stopped working, I could be wrong but the car is really slow to accelerate and I don't hear the blow off valve anymore, I have a k&n intake, so I'd be able to hear it all the time, and I'm planning to take it into the dealership, but idk if that would be something covered under warranty, I also at 70,000 miles ...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
I would check the plugs first. That's quick and painless and the symptoms would be similar (can't make the turbo spool if the exhaust isn't burning completely in the cylinder). And the 1.4T is sensitive to plug gap to begin with.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Are you tuned or just running the intake?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just the intake for now, wanted to fix this issue before tuning, but I did also notice a small oil leak, and I had recently seen a video of engine sludge messing up the turbo, but I can't be too sure

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check the plugs too, had an issue also when I tried to gap them, was a pain to fix, but it's just frustrating with the car, and seeing that check engine light on kills me ...

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
What is the code it's throwing?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I haven't actually checked to see what code it might be, don't know where to do that ...
You have to have a scan tool. Some parts stores will do it for you.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Well I don't personally have one, but I guess auto zone with work, it's free right??
I can't speak for them, but I've heard that some parts places do it for free. It's free to ask, anyway.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Let us know what they say the code is and we can try and go from there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I had this happen about 2 months ago. I bet your pin on the waste gate came off and the hook is off and you aren't building boost. You can go to the dealer to get one or do like I did and just get c-clip from a hardware store.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you see the silver heat shield at the front of the engine it will be on the right of it. It is slightly covered up by the shield. If you still under the powertrain warranty it should be covered.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Based on my VIN, the Chevy warranty checker says I'm still under the powertrain warranty, so I hope it's just that

Yeah chevy is 5yr 100k miles, but I read somewhere that the new 2016 is 5yr/60k miles like ford is? correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts