995 Posts
Reactions: chevrasaki

·
Premium Member
995 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Yeah, haha, I read into it and I'd be spending over 50 bucks for that, but it'd be nice to have for the future, but free is good for now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah, for sure lol just hit up an advanced auto or whatevers around they can normally scan and clear the code then wait and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Other things it could be, a clogged cat can give you slow/ no spool. If you change your oil as recommend and use the right oil full syn for any turbo car sludge should not really be a problem. I have a blue tooth obdII reader that you can check codes / clear them. It also gives you live engine reading on any senors that comes with the car. it uses the torque app and works great. can be had for about $25. app is free

Note: some only work with android or apple be sure to read what IOS they work with.

see reader -> http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-34t5-Bluetooth-Android/dp/B005NLQAHS

let us know what the code is?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So I just left oreillys to get the check engine light looked at, guy said it was spark plugs that needed to be changed, was showing a message of "too lean" or something like that ...

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
So I just left oreillys to get the check engine light looked at, guy said it was spark plugs that needed to be changed, was showing a message of "too lean" or something like that ...
The actual codes would be nice. Spark plugs and "too lean" is two different codes. Typically "too lean" is either PCV or a leak of unmetered air in the intake system.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So I was finally able to take my car into the dealership, and sure enough to, my turbo was dead, lucky I was about 600 miles away from my warranty running out, so I got my car back today , and she running like new ? now maybe to tune it and I'll be happy

·
2,170 Posts
So I was finally able to take my car into the dealership, and sure enough to, my turbo was dead, lucky I was about 600 miles away from my warranty running out, so I got my car back today , and she running like new  now maybe to tune it and I'll be happy

This is something kind of rare here. Closure. Thank you so much for your update, and I'm ecstatic to hear everything turned out well!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts