Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a 2012 Cruze that supposedly has a 2016 engine put in it which stopped running a couple months back. I came over and it would crank but not start, fuel relay clicked but no noise from fuel pump. We went and got a pressure tester and there was absolutely no pressure with key on or when it was cranked. We replaced the fuel pump, got everything put back together, and when turn the key to accessory all of his service intervals and dashboard menu information is just dislaying dashes. When you try to start the car the headlights and dash go dark. No crank. It's like the car loses all electric, but all we did with the electrical was disconnected the battery when we replaced the pump. I thought it might be the security system but the guides we followed to disable it did not work. Any ideas?

· The Nuclear Option
5,870 Posts
I have no clue, he was not the one who put the new engine in it. It did run however, up until the fuel pump went bad.
Ok. Then the engine was the correct one.

To clarify, all you did was disconnect the battery, drop the fuel tank, and change the fuel pump?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. Then the engine was the correct one.

To clarify, all you did was disconnect the battery, drop the fuel tank, and change the fuel pump?
Correct. There was maybe 5 electrical connectors going to the pump but the battery was disconnected when we unplugged them and plugged them back in so I don't see that being the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts