Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone who has a K&N *Drop In* Filter and who also bypassed their Resonator please post a vid of interior driving. I'd like to see if it gives any turbo sound inside the car. A full CAI would probably be a little more noise than I'd like and currently with my stock air filter and bypass there's zero difference. Looking for a happy medium between the two, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Since you already have the resonator delete just take your filter out, close the air cleaner box, drive around the block and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Ever hear the expression walk softly and carry a big stick ! Really the K&N panel and res delete makes the same HP increase as any of these high priced intakes.Just not real loud.Plus you get to run on nice outside air to.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've seen videos of the 1.8 and the 1.4 with sri's and cai's. they are both much louder than a drop-in/reso delete.

I took my 1.8 for a spin with no filter in the box before i got the k&n drop in, it's not as loud with the drop-in but you can hear it when you push it. Driving normal you can't really tell.

I kinda wish i got an sri instead.. specially since i paid way too much to have the **** thing shipped to Canada lol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol that sucks Jay. Well I just think an SRI might be audible ALL the time(like driving through a parking lot) which isn't really what I'd like. I'm trying to find something in between an SRI and stock-sound wise. It might be different if I was driving an Evo around then I'd be okay with it. It would be like me driving around in an old Chevy 305 with long tubes and glass packs, sounding like I have a 572 big block in there lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts