Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I’m new here and would like to introduce myself as a potential new Cruzer. I’m been driving a 2012 Malibu for some time and have decided to pass it down to a family member for a graduation gift starter car. The Malibu was basic entry trim level with no add-ons. The vehicle doesn’t even have bluetooth, so it’s seriously time for an upgrade! I’m not interested in a 100% new vehicle and want to stay with a compact/midsize car so I have been looking into a used 2014 Cruze. Is there anything that I should know about this vehicle before committing? The one that I am looking is a certified used vehicle for $11,500 and is classified as LT. However, it has a sun/moon roof, the chevy mylink radio, back up camera, and 16” alloy wheels. Miles are around 45,000. It has 1 owner and was a leased vehicle. I have no idea if this is a good deal or not. What do you think about this blue ray metallic Cruze? Any input/info is helpful. Thank you.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Mid-size car

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
I think price could come down about $1000 (for my area anyway), but otherwise you'd probably be getting a nice car for the money.

Pull a CarFax report, or ask if the dealer has one. 2014s are relatively when they worked out most of the reliability issues with the 1.4T, but you want to make sure that you're not buying someone else's problem either.

Pop the hood and look around the transmission side for oil leaks or low coolant level.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Love the sunroof, agree you could get the price down a bit but otherwise nice looking car from what I can tell.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just purchased my 2014. 33k. Lt. no bt or sunroof. 11k. And I knew someone. So the 11.5 isn't too bad. If you can get 500-1000 off I'd say that's a deal.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
The car in question seems nice with good options for the trim level it has, 2LT or LTZ would obviously be better but would cost more. I agree though the price could be closer to $10,000. Also coming from a Malibu, the backseat will have slightly less space.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,172 Posts
I bought my 2014 LT in Nov of 2014 for 12K. No sun and sound package, but otherwise the same. I agree talk em down at least $1000 of get some freebies thrown in. Think free service for a few years and or some upgrade you want installed, better warranty etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.