Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fiancee took a hard hit on the driver's side doors that bent the rocker and B pillar. Might buy it back and part it out, but want to gauge interest first. Anybody interested in a parts? Located in the Des Moines, IA metro area.

It's a 2014 red RS with 1.4 turbo auto. Tan leather interior. Airbags did not deploy. 120000 miles and in pretty good/average shape. Definitely not perfect, but still a very nice car minus the front fender and two drivers side doors.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,315 Posts
Actually sometimes you can buy it back for a few hundred dollars. If you have buyers for some key parts, you can even make a few bucks. The issue is having to store the parts until they are sold as well as removing them. If you do, think about shipping, so many of the large parts will be local.

But I would consider keeping the trans, turbo, RS trim, air bags, leather seats, rear brakes and if it is a Z-link, the whole axle, gauge cluster if it has the chrome trim, MyLink setup with the harness if you can figure out how to get it out in one piece as well as the surround, the rims, the rear chrome bar if it includes the camera, the headlight's as most damaged Cruzes I see in the junk yards are hit in the front, the cat if it is still good or just sell it to a recycler if it is not. The battery. After you strip what you want, call a junkyard and tell them they will need a flatbed. You may even get a few bucks.

I have done this with about four vehicles. When I was younger and was somewhat broke, this was a great deal for me. The most I spent on a vehicle was about $400. Just ask your insurance company what the salvage value is?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They want 2k for a buy-back, so that's a good size chunk to make up. If I was able to get 1000 bucks for the drivetrain, figured I could maybe make enough off of small parts to make it worth my time.

Quick explanation on the z-link so I know what I'm looking for. Not sure what you mean by that without looking it up.

·
The Nuclear Option
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
5,159 Posts
Wait, they’re worth that much?! I got a cat less downpipe and have just been holding onto the stock cat.
Catalytic converter valve have gone up alot. My neighbor had his catalytic converter stolen right off of his car sitting right in front of the house last fall!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,315 Posts
They want 2k for a buy-back, so that's a good size chunk to make up. If I was able to get 1000 bucks for the drivetrain, figured I could maybe make enough off of small parts to make it worth my time.

Quick explanation on the z-link so I know what I'm looking for. Not sure what you mean by that without looking it up.
That is a bit high. Do you currently have the car at home?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.