Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a DVR Camera out of my prior vehicle and searched forums high and low and also bought a subscription to AllData but couldn't find much on a 12v power tap somewhere in rear view mirror area so I could mount the camera on the windshield.

I didn't want to run a wire from the fuse block so I got the gumption to pop the rear view mirror panels but only found 10 volts there so I found 12 volts in the courtesy light panel. There is a 3 prong connector that has a black ground wire and the hot green/ green 12 volt. 1st and 3rd pins I believe. This 12volt is constant which was ok for me because my camera has a power switch.

I ran the wires up and thru the head panel thru the headliner and into the rear view mirror encasement where I could tuck additional wire length in case I want to relocate the camera to a different spot on the windshield. I just used my fingers to pull the headliner down enough to get the wires fed thru.

I wanted to post this for future searches if someone was wanting to do the same type of tap. Unfortunately I did not take pics of the process because I didn't think of posting until after I was done and figure I would take where the camera is.

Larry

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mode of transport Windshield
Water Auto part Vehicle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update.... I found out that if you leave the camera on, you can't lock the doors with the remote unless you repeatedly press the lock function.
I left the camera on, hit the lock on the remote 2-3 times, then tried to unlock with remote but the car would not unlock. I used my key to open the door and the alarm went of with horn chirping.

Would be interesting to know with the current draw, what is the computer is registering. Maybe door still open or key in the ignition maybe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.