Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Power Service White Bottle Shelf Life (From PS)

1166 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  VtTD
Figured this might help some people as winter begins to wind down... I use about 4-6oz of this stuff a week and will probably switch over to the grey bottle in 1.5 months or so when nights begin to stay above freezing most of the time. I am running low on the stuff and was trying to figure out if I should just get a few of those 16 or 20 oz (cant remember) white bottles or a big one and let some of it sit over the summer. I contacted PS and they told me the white bottle should be used in 2 years after it is opened (as a best practice) and has an indefinite shelf life while closed. So it sounds like it can sit for the summer and be ok next winter.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
719 Posts
Figured this might help some people as winter begins to wind down... I use about 4-6oz of this stuff a week and will probably switch over to the grey bottle in 1.5 months or so when nights begin to stay above freezing most of the time. I am running low on the stuff and was trying to figure out if I should just get a few of those 16 or 20 oz (cant remember) white bottles or a big one and let some of it sit over the summer. I contacted PS and they told me the white bottle should be used in 2 years after it is opened (as a best practice) and has an indefinite shelf life while closed. So it sounds like it can sit for the summer and be ok next winter.
Just buy a big bottle and use it until it's gone, then switch. It's far cheaper than the little bottles, and it does pretty much all the same things as the grey bottle just with anti-gel in it that won't hurt anything in the summer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.