Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My power steering on my 2012 LT Chevy Cruze(110k miles) went out on me. I drove it to the dealership and all recalls got performed and nothing fixed the issue.

They ran a diagnostics on the car and they say the car needs the entire module replaced ($1700).

However while driving the cruze the power steering will occasionally go on and off while driving. Which this give me the idea that there is just a possibility for a short.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Intermittent problems can be most anything. They're also a royal pain to try and diagnose. It's hard to say just what has to be replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intermittent problems can be most anything. They're also a royal pain to try and diagnose. It's hard to say just what has to be replaced.
Where would you begin with this issue? I don't really know anything about cars which is my issue.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That is the specific recall I requested to get done because all of mine have been done. It describes some issues that I have, but I'm guessing was not the issue because it's not fixed.

On a side note it is very dangerous to go from not having power steering to randomly having power steering when I'm the middle of the turn. I almost lost control of the vehicle. (~25mph)

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Where would you begin with this issue?
Either you replace the whole system, or you pick an item that's most likely at fault and change it.

First, I'd check the fuse for the power steering system. It might be cracked and causing loss of power. The other items are the electronic control and the motor itself.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Just checking. Does your work order specifically state that they performed Special Coverage #14311? It's not a recall per se', so sometimes it's overlooked when pulling recalls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts