Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Power Steering *Possible Short*

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Jim Frye 
#1 ·
My power steering on my 2012 LT Chevy Cruze(110k miles) went out on me. I drove it to the dealership and all recalls got performed and nothing fixed the issue.

They ran a diagnostics on the car and they say the car needs the entire module replaced ($1700).

However while driving the cruze the power steering will occasionally go on and off while driving. Which this give me the idea that there is just a possibility for a short.

What do you guys think?

#4 ·
#5 · (Edited)
That is the specific recall I requested to get done because all of mine have been done. It describes some issues that I have, but I'm guessing was not the issue because it's not fixed.

On a side note it is very dangerous to go from not having power steering to randomly having power steering when I'm the middle of the turn. I almost lost control of the vehicle. (~25mph)

#7 ·
Just checking. Does your work order specifically state that they performed Special Coverage #14311? It's not a recall per se', so sometimes it's overlooked when pulling recalls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.