Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I have a 2013 Cruze (60k miles) which recently developed an issue with the powered seat. It will no longer go forward but all other functions still work.

Things I've done/tried:
-Swapped wires from the up/down to the forward/reverse. Forward does work this way so I believe the motor is ok. However, up does not work but down does.
-Checked the voltage:
-unplugged: both directions read + or - 12.55V
-plugged in, + reads only 0.1V and - reads -12.3V

This leads me to believe the seat controller motor driver for the forward action has failed. Part number for the controller I think has failed is 13575063

Question's are...
-Does this seem like a reasonable assessment?
-Is there anything else I can try before buying a new controller?
-Is a direct swap possible or is reprogramming required?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Tim,
I have a similar problem. I have good voltage at the plig when moving the switch in both directions and swaping the cables makes it work. How did you resolve it. How do you test voltage plugged? Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,936 Posts
Hello all,

I have a 2013 Cruze (60k miles) which recently developed an issue with the powered seat. It will no longer go forward but all other functions still work.

Things I've done/tried:
-Swapped wires from the up/down to the forward/reverse. Forward does work this way so I believe the motor is ok. However, up does not work but down does.
-Checked the voltage:
-unplugged: both directions read + or - 12.55V
-plugged in, + reads only 0.1V and - reads -12.3V

This leads me to believe the seat controller motor driver for the forward action has failed. Part number for the controller I think has failed is 13575063

Question's are...
-Does this seem like a reasonable assessment?
-Is there anything else I can try before buying a new controller?
-Is a direct swap possible or is reprogramming required?

Thanks for the help
If you want to do a cheap possible fix (not sure what the new switch costs) try spraying the old switch with plastic safe contact cleaner. This is an old audiophile trick that has pulled many an old Amp / pre-amp or tuner back to life.

But to answer your question, that is what I would conclude - doesn't mean I'm right though.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,936 Posts
How did I wind up watching both Videos, I don't even need parts??
Since I did not see those magical video links, I wanted to make sure you were not accused of hallucinating, so here are a few:

·
Registered
484 Posts
PSW17 replaced and drivers seat is once again happy with me able to reach the pedals without a pad behind my back:giggle:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts