Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been almost a year with Xtreme's SQ audio (I'm using the SEAS prestige tweeters and silver flutes with a 100x4 amp) and I'm starting to think about a low budget powered subwoofer. Now before you roll your eyes - I know they're not as great as a custom built system BUT in general, how are they? The other reason I like these is that I want to save as much trunk space as possible (and I like that some of these have grilles.

I'm just looking for something to compliment the front sound stage in that 30-120Hz range. My budget is about $150 so with that here is the list of things I'm looking at in order of preference (1 being my favorite):

1. [h=1]Powerbass BTA8 - Amazon.com: Powerbass BTA8 Single 8-Inch 150W Amp Enclosure: Car Electronics[/h]
  2. Rockford Fosgate P300 - http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-P300-10-Subwoofer-Enclosure/dp/B007AQ2W2Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457489512&sr=8-1&keywords=Rockford+Fosgate+Punch+P300-10
  3. MTX-RTP8A - MTX RTP8A 120W RMS 8" Amplified Vented Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure
  4. Cadence FXB12CA - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43284_Cadence-FXB12CA.html

So am I just crazy to go this route? Any other suggestions? The only other thing I could think was to search the for sale ads and craigslist.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would recommend the micro sub+ 8". I sell the crap out of them people love em. I also sell the powerbass woofer.... eh
Is that the JL Audio one? Is that powered? I don't mind spending a little more but I didn't want to go crazy and the budget is tight.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright I went and had a listen to JL micro sub - dual 8" and it was sweet but I can't spend that kind of money. Right now the best bang for the buck seems to be the JBL MS BassPro SQ. Under $300 with the amp kit for a 10" square sub pushing 300 watts sounds good to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.