Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any of you received a call from 703-291-9021 since buying their car?? my brother who purchased a cruze this past saturday has been getting calls several times a day since purchasing car. the funny thing is no one says anything on the other end and the caller id says its general motors. i googled the number and it seems to be some kind of research company that im assuming gm hired for some reason...

·
Registered
200 Posts
No, not any prank calls, but I'll tell you something else, the Onstar number that was assigned to my car must of belonged to some girl named Taylor before me, since I receive around 2-3 calls a day to my Onstar hands free number asking for her. Talk about wasting my minutes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No, not any prank calls, but I'll tell you something else, the Onstar number that was assigned to my car must of belonged to some girl named Taylor before me, since I receive around 2-3 calls a day to my Onstar hands free number asking for her. Talk about wasting my minutes.
Same thing happened to me. Guy asked after I answered "Is this Brenda?"
I replied "Does this sound like Brenda??" He hung up never called again.lol
Just a case of reassigned numbers, which was started in a big way when just about every american started to get cell phones, and more and more area codes assigned, ect...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, I know my friends had issues with that with their cell phones, but I myself haven't experienced it. All I know is Taylor was pretty popular, and all her friends were male...

·
Registered
247 Posts
My Onstar gets a call about once a week for some guy who obviously didn't pay his bills for ANYTHING. Plus I get a call every now and then offering me a Caribbean Voyage. Can one add the Car Phone number to a Do Not Call list?
But no calls from GM.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, same here, I got one or two collections calls on my OnStar number from people asking for whoever had the number before me.

I'm guessing OnStar phone numbers end up coming from the same pool as Verizon Wireless prepaid phone numbers. So, you could either inherit the number of someone who had a prepaid phone because they rarely ever used their cellphone, or you could end up with the former phone number of someone who was on prepaid for other reasons (like bad credit).

OP: it looks like 703-291-9021 belongs to Merits Research, which GM probably hired to survey new car owners. Chevy Volt owners are getting similar calls. You can get on their do not call list by calling 1-800-864-8601.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-703-291-9021

Judging from all the complaints about hangups and blank voicemails, they do a pretty lousy job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I am Kameya Shows from OnStar Communications. If you ever need to change the phone number in your vehicle because it belonged to someone else previously or you are receiving unwanted calls, please call OnStar Customer Service (888.466.7827) and ask the OnStar Advisor if they provide you with a new Mobile Device Number (MDN) because you are receiving calls for someone else.

Hope this help!

Regards,

Kameya Shows
[email protected]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi,

I am Kameya Shows from OnStar Communications. If you ever need to change the phone number in your vehicle because it belonged to someone else previously or you are receiving unwanted calls, please call OnStar Customer Service (888.466.7827) and ask the OnStar Advisor if they provide you with a new Mobile Device Number (MDN) because you are receiving calls for someone else.

Hope this help!

Regards,

Kameya Shows
[email protected]
Wow. How did you even know about this thread. Its good to see that GM/OnStar is paying attention to their customers needs. Nice to know what to do in case this becomes a really big problem.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi,

Hope this help!

Regards,

Kameya Shows
[email protected]
Wow, thanks for the information! I had no idea that Onstar was even monitoring this forum, let alone finding this thread. I guess the power of Google once again!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Maybe u could have gotten a date!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Why do you bother to answer a call from an unknown number? I never do on my cell or Onstar number.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow, thanks for the information! I had no idea that Onstar was even monitoring this forum, let alone finding this thread. I guess the power of Google once again!
No kidding, if I Google 'Cruze' anything, this forum is usually one of the top results!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Why do you bother to answer a call from an unknown number? I never do on my cell or Onstar number.
Honestly its because when I get a call to my Onstar number, it never displays the name, since I didn't not sync any contacts and I've grown so accustomed to using my address book, that I don't know any ones phone numbers outside my immediate family.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts