Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4L has this sound that is coming from the engine that sounds incredibly similar to the predator from the movie. It really only growls when accelerating and when the rpms settle to a spot it goes away. Any idea what it is? It sounds pretty cool from the inside. Literally just like the movie lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
lol I know exactly what sound you mean but not sure what it could mean from the car other than an engine knock. Unless you're talking about his scream, then you should sell your car cuz it's haunted.

So how's your oil level look? Anything look or smell weird? Any codes?

What have you done already to diagnose this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol I know exactly what sound you mean but not sure what it could mean from the car other than an engine knock. Unless you're talking about his scream, then you should sell your car cuz it's haunted.

So how's your oil level look? Anything look or smell weird? Any codes?

What have you done already to diagnose this?
[/QUOT
so I took the car to the mechanic and he said nothing is wrong with the engine and it is running fine. He thinks something small might have broken off and is just rattling around. He said I shouldn’t be worried unless I see a cel go on. The oil level is good and all The temp readings show up good. I’m not necessarily annoyed by it Lol I think she named herself pretty quick, plus its a pretty badass name. Everyone that has ridden in my car says the same thing. IT SOUNDS LIKE THE PREDATOR IS CLICKING AT US. I‘ll Try to send a vid when I get to be driving today.

·
Registered
483 Posts
A mechanic told you something small might have broken off and could be rattling around your engine but said you shouldn’t be worried unless a cel goes on?

...... I’d be looking for a new mechanic.

A coworkers 2011 Malibu just died on him while at a stop light. Turned out a small piece of the timing chain guide snapped off and the chain was tearing up the inside with metal shavings. And there was no cel triggered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts