Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
So, in theory, us 2011-2013 owners who want to upgrade the handling should grab the struts/shocks out of a 2015. I wonder if GM will revise the part numbers, or specify the suspension bits as 2014 and up.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Sounds like Holden has done all the work. Gear up the assembly line in Lordstown and start cranking them, including the hatch version, out.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
I really like the green color. I hope that's the new one they're bringing here next year:

I saw one of these this morning and it made me hope that it isn't this shade of green:

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Did anyone pick up on that GM wouldn't change the 1.8 so Holden did it themselves. Does this mean that US Cruze will still get the old 1.8?

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
I love this color green:

And...that Dart looks like a frog.
Poisonous ;-)

Hey, that Dart color matches you!
Hipster Kermit, i may have found a new username! Thanks.

Did anyone pick up on that GM wouldn't change the 1.8 so Holden did it themselves. Does this mean that US Cruze will still get the old 1.8?
It isn't confirmed yet, but i don't see why they would chang ethe 1.8L when the 1.4L has been doing so well, if anything we may be seeing a 1.6T or 1.8T Cruze SS (Hopefully not badged SS)

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,546 Posts
It isn't confirmed yet, but i don't see why they would chang ethe 1.8L when the 1.4L has been doing so well, if anything we may be seeing a 1.6T or 1.8T Cruze SS (Hopefully not badged SS)
Simplicity and cost-effectiveness. It's meant as a "base" world engine.

Honestly, I wish they would re-tune/slightly re-engineer the 1.8 to compete with others in the class. Honda's 1.8 isn't very exciting or very powerful, but it's a good, smooth engine with power where you *need* it and good fuel economy. Hyundai's isn't terrible either, but it's buzzy. The Cruze's, at least before a tune, just doesn't have any "umph" to it unless you rev it like crazy.

Maybe if they do drop/re-tune the 1.4 for more power, they'll upgrade the 1.8 more as a base offering.

But I'm sure as it sits right now, they purposely made the 1.8 a dog to make people buy the 1.4, even though it doesn't offer any more power in the numbers.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I noticed that and I hope the US will get the new 1.8. That's why I said that GM should just ramp up Lordstown and produce the Holden Cruzen here with only the mods required in the US.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts