Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I recently bought the following kit in order to pressure test my intercooler pipes and the manifold with the vacuum lines.

Stopfen zum Abdrücken Abdrückstopfen LLK Turbo VW Golf & Co Opel usw Universal | eBay

What would my best option be in order to test the manifold with the small vacuum lines for a vacuum leak?

Just take the pipe off the turbo before the intercooler and pressurize the whole system from there?
I don't want to test only the intercooler lines.
I'm pretty sure I have a vacuum leak at the manifold that's why I want to pressurize the whole system.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

·
2,170 Posts
I have not seen a device like that used before, but I am also not a licensed auto mechanic and consider myself on the intermediate level when it comes to car repairs. Youtube is usually pretty handy about having tutorials for everything, have you tried looking up videos of other people using the device?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi chevrasaki and thanks for replying.

I have found videos on youtube doing the procedure, but not for the A14NET and opinions differ as to whether pressure test the manifold or only the lines of the intercooler.....that's why I asked if anyone has experience with our motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts