Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I own a Chevy Cruze Automatic 2012 model in India. I purchased it in 2015 though. The music player is default OEM in this one and has Bluetooth capability & a USB port as well. The bluetooth feature only plays Music via my phone and does not have any Phone Call support.

I do not have a call icon button on my stereo nor on my steering wheel control. There are dead buttons in place of that.

Would I need to upgrade the PDIM only or even the stereo in this case to have phone call support over bluetooth as well?

It's pretty silly though of Chevy to only give streaming music support and no call support of bluetooth phone integration.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. It appears you got the opposite configuration from what we received in the US. In the US our Bluetooth calling feature is implemented in the OnStar module. The PDIM has no calling capabilities. Was OnStar an option when you purchased your Cruze? If so you may have a radio that supports it but not the associated wiring and BCM programming.

Your best bet might actually be an aftermarket solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have an OnStar option. Infact it's not here in India, so they don't even ask you for it while you buy a Car.

Would this option work if I buy a US made Stereo (OEM Cruze) the ones that sell on Ebay for some 70-90$ and replace mine with it ? retain the existing PDIM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.