Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm new here, I'll edit this post to put a link to my introuction when it shows up, I guess it takes a bit to be posted.

I'm from Spain, I have a 2009 2.0 diesel LT with satnav, so I have the bigger screen. I did not have hands free phone conectivity so my parents bought me a Parrot mki 9100 Bluetooth kit for my birthday, and I put myself to install it. I needed an adaptor to convert the radio connectors to ISO conectors, I can't put a picture because I'm a newbie, but the adaptor is a bunch of wires with connectors, takes some space.

Now connecting was alright, bunch of wires but pretty straight forward. The problem was reinstalling the radio. I could not fit the radio properly due to the accumulation of wires behind the radio, there's not a lot of room back there so I crammed them up a bit and I reinstalled the center console. the radio is not properly seated (screws not fully tightened, the radio sticks out maybe one centimeter) but the rest of the components fit alright.

The parrot kit works fine,mit cuts out music when it has to and phone access is good. THE PROBLEM IS: the satnav screen keeps turning on and off with the contact off and the door open. It doesn't show anything, it just lights up for a while and then gets full of snow (like TV snow, google that if you don't know whtan I'm toalking about) for a second and turns off. It stays off a while, then lights up again and repeats the process. I'm worried because it's going to drain the battery. Do you think it's due to the wire accumulation, something is making a false contact? Is something similar happened to any of you?

Thanks in advance for the advice guys. I will buy cyber beers to anyone who help me. If I didn't make it clear I will try to explain myself better. Sorry for the lack of images, I would have made a better post but being new I can't link images or hyperlinks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really thought I did, but I must have done something wrong, it didn't show up. I wrote it again, but still can't link it. This time it is posted

Problem update: it is still going on exactly the same, but overnight it hasn't drained the battery. Actually, it started as good as always. Diesel car batteries, huh? ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, update: It stopped!!! :huh:
What I did: nothin' just drive the car like every regular day. The cables must have settled or something. Maybe it is still happening and I just am not there to see it. Anyway, the car starts and the battery is strong as always

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update, it's not stopped. When I leave the car, the screen keeps illuminated, but showing no image. Afrer 3 or 4 minutes, the snow comes and shuts off completely. I got bored of waiting for it to light up again after 10 minutes or so, so I'm gonna guess it just ends there. I'm still not happy because it shouldn't be doing that... Any ideas of why it's doing weird things?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts