Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Problem with dash display and sound after a jump start

27817 Views 22 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  ChevyGuy
I am having problems with my Cruze after its battery died and it received a jump start.

https://i.imgur.com/M93X73Q.jpg

Any idea's what this could be? The display works for showing time/temp and radio station but no music plays. No warning alerts either or turn signal sound. Also, the display will not show fan speed/climate changes as it previously did. Any ideas what this could be? I do have an extended warranty on the car but I don't think the radio system is covered and I don't want to have to pay a diagnosis fee. Any help or advise would be appreciated!

Thanks!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It very well could be on it's way out. They can fail in as little as 3 years.

I'd suggest disconnecting the battery for awhile and reconnect it. Give the systems a chance to reboot completely.

How did you jump start the car? From a battery pack or from another car? The latter is probably a bad idea for a car as computerized as a Cruze. Electrical junk from the other car could come over and mess with the Cruze's system.
It was jumped from another car.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took it in to have it looked at and was told the screen was bad. It had to get sent off to get replaced and reprogrammed by the dealer. There wasn't any output from the screen. I am looking into just replacing the radio with an aftermarket once since that would be much cheaper. I hope this will bring back my sounds if I remove that screen from the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.