Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem pairing my at&t phone with my 2016 LT cruze. I am an older guy so I am using a basic flip phone that is brand new and it has a 3g network. While it allows me to pair it, once I push the steering wheel button to use the talk feature, I get a message that says, no voice recognition. In addition, I' paired it the first day and the voice recognition worked, then the next day, it wouldn't work and I get the message. "no voice recognition." Also, when I repaired it, the contact menu downloaded again { so every name is on there twice} and I can't figure out how to delete the duplicates. Ive read the book on the phone and used the cruze owners manual. I tried to delete the entire pairing and start fresh and although it said deleted, when i paired it again, the contact list was still in there as a duplicate. It shows I'm pairing it on "My ChevyLink". the dealership acted like it was my problem and I'm not happy about that. Hopefully someone will have an answer.Thanks, Al,

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
G stands for generation, was no such thing as 1G until 2G came along, now fooling around with 5G, each promises more security and a faster data transfer rate. So apparently they are changing the firmware.

Wife was having problems with her 3G phone, went to our cell phone dealer and she was told she needed a 4G and almost certain now they will be telling her she needs a 5G. And they charge an arm and a leg for these thing, when China can crank these things out for 10-20 bucks a copy.

So could be your 3G won't talk to your newest and greatest radio, whose problem is this, your dealer or your cell phone company? Are these things even backward compatible? I already learned Windows 10 is not, programs that ran fine on 7 won't even work period, MS tells me I have to buy new software for $$$$$.

I do have a 40 year old landline phone that stills works.

Ha, didn't take me too long to figure out my huge 12" LP collection would not fit into a CD slot, nor will my VHS tapes fit into into a DVD slot, changing the formats today every five minutes.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Is your car the "2016 Limited" (1st Generation) or the "All new" 2016.5? (2nd Generation). What happens if you reset the radio and don't pair your phone and push the button?

I have a 1st Gen, and the "No Voice Recognition" sounds like something wrong with the car. I don't think the car expects your phone to do the voice recognition.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Isn't the phone doing the voice recognitiion? On my 2016 Premier it is, it's called passthrough. When I connect my iphone with the Mylink whether by bluetooth or carplay, I am using Siri (which is on the phone) for voice recognition. Now in my first Cruze which was a 2014 the car was supposed to handle the voice recognition because it didn't have mylink, just the standard one. So it was supposed to do the voice recognition and use the phonebook from my iphone. The problem was I could never get it to work properly. Sometimes it would work, but usually it would hang up for 10 seconds or so and then say goodbye and the return to the radio.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Voice recognition on my new toy, lets me send and receive hands free text messages like I am going to do this when its a heck of a lot easier to make a voice call. Like see you at five, or the Packers lost again, then hang up.

For 20 bucks got an MP3 player that also lets me receive hands free calls on ebay. Can't make calls on it, but don't feel like talking to anyone when driving, but there in case my family needs me.

So exactly what are you trying to do? Just make hand free calls where they can hear you and you them? Is a mic up by your rear view mirror.

Somebody was fooling around my my 2012 Cruze radio, dealer maybe, wife, but all five lines were filled up so I couldn't pair, had to delete all those first. You can find this in some sub sub menu, but hit the wrong button and have to start all over again

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Yeah, my 2012 had voice recognition for making calls, somehow have this rude woman locked up in the radio. I would be rude too if I was locked in there.

Hit that green phone number, she would say, who's there?

Nick

Did you say Nick?

Yes

How do I know it you?

It's me.

Okay,

How can I help you?

Call wife.

Did you say wife?

Yes.

Okay, I will call wife.

If a contact is not there, would say number.

What number?

I can only take one digit at a time, told you to do this before, but you can't listen, so I am hanging up.

LOL, or something like this.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not on the 1Gen systems. Maybe the 2Gen.
According to the owners manual it SHOULD be able to use passthrough so that the phone is doing the recognition. I put emphasis in the should because I personally couldn't ever get it to work right in mine. It's covered in section 7-28 in the owners manual.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Thought I read, may not be compatible with all phones.

Ha, with this sunday thing, had to go to mysunday to download this carplay thing, depending on what radio you have in your car, and have to be withing WiFi range, not a problem for me. Loads directly into the radio somehow, and has different firmware for iphone or android. With this can plug in my android and see google maps on the screen, play MP3's on my phone, or send hands free text messages, oh boy, and wow. But have no idea what happens if I switch to an iphone, does it overwrite or do I have to buy a new vehicle?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello Al,

We regret to hear that you are experiencing trouble pairing your phone to your Cruze. Have you tried giving our Infotainment team a call? The number is 855-478-7767
They are in the best position to help you in the best way possible. If you are continuing to experience concerns please do not hesitate to send us a private message.

Best,

Netty J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I am having a problem pairing my at&t phone with my 2016 LT cruze. I am an older guy so I am using a basic flip phone that is brand new and it has a 3g network. While it allows me to pair it, once I push the steering wheel button to use the talk feature, I get a message that says, no voice recognition. In addition, I' paired it the first day and the voice recognition worked, then the next day, it wouldn't work and I get the message. "no voice recognition." Also, when I repaired it, the contact menu downloaded again { so every name is on there twice} and I can't figure out how to delete the duplicates. Ive read the book on the phone and used the cruze owners manual. I tried to delete the entire pairing and start fresh and although it said deleted, when i paired it again, the contact list was still in there as a duplicate. It shows I'm pairing it on "My ChevyLink". the dealership acted like it was my problem and I'm not happy about that. Hopefully someone will have an answer.Thanks, Al,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.