Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the head gasket on my daughter’s 2013 Cruze with the 1.4. I did everything by the book while doing this got it all back together now it’s showing engine reduced power, service traction control, and the stabilitrak. I didn’t have any of this before I changed the head gasket. I changed the throttle body still no change any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

· The Nuclear Option
5,883 Posts
I replaced the head gasket on my daughter’s 2013 Cruze with the 1.4. I did everything by the book while doing this got it all back together now it’s showing engine reduced power, service traction control, and the stabilitrak. I didn’t have any of this before I changed the head gasket. I changed the throttle body still no change any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I'm guessing something didn't get plugged in all the way or the timing is off.

· Registered
44 Posts
It does sound like something isn'r connected properly. All those plastic connectors get very brittle with age. I suggest verifying all connections are plugged back in securelly, erase the codes and take it from there. I replaced the head gasket on my 2013 and it is very easy to accidentally bump a hose or wiring not even associated with the repair.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does sound like something isn'r connected properly. All those plastic connectors get very brittle with age. I suggest verifying all connections are plugged back in securelly, erase the codes and take it from there. I replaced the head gasket on my 2013 and it is very easy to accidentally bump a hose or wiring not even associated with the repair.
Ok thanks to you all on the advice I’m checking it out now and a friend of mine runs towing and repair shop is supposed to stop by put it on his scanner. I’m sure it’s something simple I’m overlooking.

· Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
558 Posts
couple months back we had a guy doing the same and confused one of the O2 sensors with a 5v sensor, apparently the same plug. if i remember correctly same issues but fried said 5v sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts