Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Problems with Brake drums 2013 RS?

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Patman 
Either the shoes are adjusted a bit too tight on the drivers side or the park brake cables are set too tight.......either will make drum removal a bit challenging.
I doubt, based on your description, that the drum is the cause of concern.

Rob

I don't have to make a suggestion.........you know that it will drive you nutz knowing it isn't right and you will be replacing it anyway, heh heh.

I give you two weeks......three on the outside.

Rob

Yea you're probably right you know me too well, it will drive me nutz(kinda like seeing cars with lights out). Probably just take it to the dealer tomorrow. and be done with it! Least I know/what the problem is!!!! I am thinking what it is doing to rear wheel bearing and tire wear. That is the overall reason I would fix besides knowing it isn't right.
Not so much as knowing you as being able to determine that we sing from the same hymnal.

Always trying for perfection in a imperfect world.......something like a bent.....anything, would have me visualizing all sorts of bad ju ju.

Resistance is futile (I heard that somewhere once)

Heh heh,
Rob

Yea yea, I will probably get an estimate sometime soon if not look to see how difficult for me to do myself?
"Appears" to be only a couple of nuts holding it on but I know I don't have the know how to move/readjust the wheel if it moved before getting a 4 wheel alignment.
It won't move....well, actually it might back to its original position.....right now it is under some tension. Most likely it'll come off harder than the replacement will go on because it is under tension. Most likely the rubber bushing(s) are kind of mashed because they are pulling on the axle.....and it won't give.
Anyways, these bars bend for one of two reasons: Either the car was pulled out of a ditch and was improperly attached, pulling on the bar, or, the car slid sideways and punched a curb with the affected corner.....this will deform the bar due to extreme side load.

The 'Z' link bars won't, in and of themselves, cause a mis alignment. The only thing that would cause mis alignment would be if the axle itself is bent and there is essentially nothing to adjust back there to compensate.
This would become evident if the replacement would not line up, indicating the trailing arm section is no longer 90 degrees at the twist bar junction.

Sorry, starting to yammer.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.