Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problems withthis website AGAIN
I’m havingproblems again with this website. This is the only forum EVER I have this problem.Did something change on this site? I know something changed just by going toactive topics it looks different & the reputation. So this is why I say it.I have never had any problem with any website than this one. I had to state itagain. I just updated my stuff to see if something is up nothing. I alsofreshed my PC to no help. I did nothing different but 2-3 days ago this hasbeen happening WTF this is sad.

PS this is a copy & paste from MS word so itwon’t even size correctly on this site. & don’t tell me to use a different internetbrowser either. I hope OBERMD knows he knows all & yes I I did what youtold me obermd. I did nothing different to have this happen. I also readsomeone else was having problems too. I just give up. If I want this kind of problemsI would be married w/ kids

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
I never use the active topics so I can't address that change. I do know why the copy/paste from MS-Word came out so strange. Word is an HTML editor and it puts a lot of really strange HTML tags everything. When I copy/paste long text I use Notepad++ (free download), Notepad, or WordPad. WordPad can also be problematic but nowhere near as frustrating as Word.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I did see a message a couple of days ago saying this site security credentials were bad, running win7 and it seemed to get around it after I allowed it in the security popup, I had similar problem your having with a protected site I go to everyday, it was limiting my bandwidth to 1 post !! turns out microshaft is now downloading some framework for win10 through the updates, I had stopped location tracking in one of the new settings showing up and it all but halted my connection--so you might want to look there first, note after I allowed the tracking all was well---

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
I did see a message a couple of days ago saying this site security credentials were bad, running win7 and it seemed to get around it after I allowed it in the security popup, I had similar problem your having with a protected site I go to everyday, it was limiting my bandwidth to 1 post !! turns out microshaft is now downloading some framework for win10 through the updates, I had stopped location tracking in one of the new settings showing up and it all but halted my connection--so you might want to look there first, note after I allowed the tracking all was well---
That's odd since CruzeTalk doesn't have a certificate.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I don't know what is really going on it has something to do w/ this cursor blinking twice as fast.
I guess it is the old copy & paste for now on @ thissite I maybe back again but not today as I don’t have the patience’s for thisstuff that never has ever happen @ any other car forum I belong to & that’sa lot of them

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
Just use Firefox or Chrome. IE is the hardest of all browsers to write for. The problem is that most web sites see IE and assume IE 6, which breaks IE 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello,

What's wrong with the Active Topics page and the forum Reputation?

~Kay
from what I see is everything is in a box form in active topics & the rep thing is small now not huge scroll down thing. This is the 1st time I could type something normal & a quick pace
I just hit the enter key & now I can’t type normal ifthis helps
PS I really do appreciate the help I’m use to figuringthings on my own so once again thanks everyone LOVES to obermd in a non-gay waytoo

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
I just tried active topics with Safari on my I-Mac and it worked fine for me. I stopped using Firefox and Chrome because I can't stop the ads which make them unusable on any site, any ideas on how to stop them would be appreciated.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I just tried active topics with Safari on my I-Mac and it worked fine for me. I stopped using Firefox and Chrome because I can't stop the ads which make them unusable on any site, any ideas on how to stop them would be appreciated.
Adblock plus - https://adblockplus.org/ I have it on my FireFox/WaterFox/FF-Android/IE/Chrome browsers. Life is much more pleasant.

It is also available for Opera, Yandex, and Maxthon browsers ATM.

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
Yeah a virus it only on this site no way LOL
Very possible a Virus is present. I went out and paid for MalwareBytes at the suggestion of Mike, and that helped. However the site is acting buggy again, hard to type a reply, and it might be time to update this AG site to a different version that other AG Forums use. As far as I know this is the same version used for at least a year and a half and works pretty bad just like always!

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,781 Posts
It has to be something on your PC. Everyone is using the website just fine. If your using IE, that is already 90% of the problem. If you refuse to use any other browser... run it in compatability mode. Since Microsoft even added a button to make their browser compatible with other sites (lol).

·
Registered
271 Posts
It has to be something on your PC. Everyone is using the website just fine. If your using IE, that is already 90% of the problem. If you refuse to use any other browser... run it in compatability mode. Since Microsoft even added a button to make their browser compatible with other sites (lol).
I agree totally, what the problem I'm seeing with the framework Microsoft is quietly adding, some sites with a lot of adware choke, ebay has been particularly bad for the last month or more, page just halts or ad script macro times out and I get a windows message about excessive script load time, very annoying to say the least, especially if your trying to bid last second on an item, page basically freezes until all the adware scripts load and execute-which takes 1 minute or more under high traffic on my connection, this site does have adware and that is probably where the problem lies, if he will delete cookies and cache like I said it might help, sometimes people are not open to ideas and have a pre determined fix in mind !!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I agree totally, what the problem I'm seeing with the framework Microsoft is quietly adding, some sites with a lot of adware choke, ebay has been particularly bad for the last month or more, page just halts or ad script macro times out and I get a windows message about excessive script load time, very annoying to say the least, especially if your trying to bid last second on an item, page basically freezes until all the adware scripts load and execute-which takes 1 minute or more under high traffic on my connection, this site does have adware and that is probably where the problem lies, if he will delete cookies and cache like I said it might help, sometimes people are not open to ideas and have a pre determined fix in mind !!
I reinstalled my whole pc & I know this deleted all cookies & passwords etc still no help ^ sorry

PS I just bid on eBay this weekend 2x no problem & made sure cookies was deleted again still messed up. Thankgod for copy & paste LOL only website I need to copy & paste what aPITA

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
Um everyone doesn't have adware problems nor see ebay ad's or have script problems? If you don't think I delete my Cookies regularly you are out of your Cookie. Please don't speak about not being open to new ideas. If 90% of users use Windows, and I.E. is the most popular browser, and this AG software is choking, perhaps its not me as other AG sites work fine and were updated regularly. It is worse than ever in my humble opinion and your words of wisdom are meaningless!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Um everyone doesn't have adware problems nor see ebay ad's or have script problems? If you don't think I delete my Cookies regularly you are out of your Cookie. Please don't speak about not being open to new ideas. If 90% of users use Windows, and I.E. is the most popular browser, and this AG software is choking, perhaps its not me as other AG sites work fine and were updated regularly. It is worse than ever in my humble opinion and your words of wisdom are meaningless!
so are you having problem w/ this site too? thanks

1 - 20 of 48 Posts