Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The 2017 Chevrolet Bolt will go into production in late 2016 and could just change the auto industry for good.

As the American automaker’s first long-range electric vehicle built from the ground-up to be an EV, the Chevrolet Bolt will ride on a 102.4-inch wheelbase and has the appearance of a compact crossover. Up front, LED headlights wrap around the front edge to the front fascia, giving it a surprisingly aggressive style. The rear features LED tail lights that have been integrated into the full-width liftgate.

The Chevrolet Bolt will offer seating for five passengers and boasts 16.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seat. The cabin also has a 10.2-inch touchscreen, connected center console with side-by-side cupholders, a wireless charging location and a sliding armrest that covers a storage compartment large enough to store a tablet device.
Read more about the Production 2017 Chevrolet Bolt Unveiled, Heading to Market at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Expensive!

$30k??? You won't see it a lot of them on the streets, even it has a 200 mile range. The gas price is too low to kill any desire to get this car.:grin:

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Maybe but there are people who will buy it for the lack of.maintenance and how unique it is. I would look at one.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,226 Posts
I love it.

And I can guarantee I'll see plenty around here. Can't go a day without seeing 30-40 1st gen Volts.

Compared to the i3, it's $10k cheaper (without rebates) than the range-extended i3 model, but with 50 more miles, and far better driving dynamics (the i3 is about as far from a BMW as far as that goes, and is not pleasant to drive). Nailed it.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I'm 100% serious when I say if I don't get a truck next or when my gf goes looking, an ev or the volt is high on my list.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Well, now we have as close as a head-to-head comparison we could ask for: The all-electric Bolt, or the anti-range anxiety Volt? Which will the public go for?

However, the Bolt brings to mind a photo a FB friend of mine posted - a bunch of Teslas waiting in line at the only charging station around as people wanted to road trip on a 3-day weekend in California.

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Is there a universal charging port design?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
$30k??? You won't see it a lot of them on the streets, even it has a 200 mile range. The gas price is too low to kill any desire to get this car.:grin:
This is the same price that Tesla publicized their Model 3 would be. I suspect if Tesla comes in lower we'll see an immediate drop in the Bolt's price.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I love it.

And I can guarantee I'll see plenty around here. Can't go a day without seeing 30-40 1st gen Volts.

Compared to the i3, it's $10k cheaper (without rebates) than the range-extended i3 model, but with 50 more miles, and far better driving dynamics (the i3 is about as far from a BMW as far as that goes, and is not pleasant to drive). Nailed it.
The i3 also makes the Pontiac Aztec look good. I saw an i3 on the road and my first thought was what fashion disaster was that born from.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Truth be told, the Bolt would be ideal for my wifes usage.

Her daily mileage is, at best, 35 miles.
Her Malibu has never seen the highway and I'd bet has never gone over 50mph.
Anytime we go any distance it is with one of my cars.

Plug it in every afternoon when she gets home......instant heat.....instant cool.....no maintenence beyond tire rotations.....she won't drive a large car.

It could work for her.

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Truth be told, the Bolt would be ideal for my wifes usage.
If I could get an outlet installed in my apartment garage, it would be mine as well. My daily commute is something like 5 miles. My home town setup pretty much guarantees I won't exceed the range.

Apparently some people are buying all-electric when they don't have a place to plug them in.(!) They use the ones in the shopping centers. I'm too chicken to go that far.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Where I live our shopping centers don't have free plugs.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
It reminds me of a Chevy Spark.

I'm all for the electric vehicles that aren't Prius though. I see Tesla charging stations everywhere now, no one is ever using them - hopefully they'll be affordable some day. :)

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
The i3 also makes the Pontiac Aztec look good. I saw an i3 on the road and my first thought was what fashion disaster was that born from.
That's an understatement. They had one here at work, and the general consensus was pretty awful. Proportions just are all sorts of wrong.

Reactions: sparkman

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
That's an understatement. They had one here at work, and the general consensus was pretty awful. Proportions just are all sorts of wrong.
I'm not sure if it's a BMW that fell off it's diet or someone went to fill the tires and connected the air hose to the wrong port.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
And all of it kind of just went...up. It forgot to go out.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Reminds me of a golf cart with a costume bill at the coach shop

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
If I could get an outlet installed in my apartment garage, it would be mine as well. My daily commute is something like 5 miles. My home town setup pretty much guarantees I won't exceed the range.

Apparently some people are buying all-electric when they don't have a place to plug them in.(!) They use the ones in the shopping centers. I'm too chicken to go that far.
why not get a 250cc motorcycle then? nearly same cost of ownership and cost a fraction.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
But you can't bring family on your motorcycle and it gets cold.

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
why not get a 250cc motorcycle then? nearly same cost of ownership and cost a fraction.
Weather. Cargo space. Passengers. Lots of reasons that a bike is not a replacement to a car. I tried...lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts