Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I need your advice once again, so far I've done about 1,100 miles and really love driving my Cruze eco. One thing that has been a constant bother which I try not to look at is a dashboard dint near the instrument binnacle. Basically where the dashboard swoops to the center console there's a defect i.e. a little ding which when the Sun hits I can not take my eyes of it.

Would a photograph help?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OMG so I went round the apartment parking lot where I live and took the two pictures and a lady came out and said stop taking pictures of us and you're going to Jail... really really freaky! made my stomach churn then I showed her the pictures of the dashboard and she said you can easily change them. Wieeerrrd!

Inside Picture.jpg Picture from outside.jpg

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
As far as I can see that's the way my ECO MT looks. It may be the color - I have the black interior. As for the busy body I would have told her to call the police. I would have waited until they got there and then handed them the keys to my car and had them open it. When they opened the car I would have filed harrassment charges. It's unfortunately the only way she'll learn to keep her nose to herself. In the meantime, stay away from her for your own safety and sanity.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your advice... I think shes a danger to everybody ironically she had a T-Shirt on with C.O.P.S. LOL.. I find it really bizarre to have that little dent nonetheless..

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
That's what my dashboard looks like. It's normal?

The lady is definitely not normal. She needs to mind her own business. If she calls the cops on you for taking pictures of your own car, let her make a yahoo out of herself. It'll take 2 seconds to find out you're on the level, and she's off-kilter.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with your dash.
looks pretty much the same as what I have.

as for that lady, stay away from here as much as possible just to be on the safe side.

cheers!
phantom

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Don't post her photo - if she finds out she'll completely lose it. She also will have a legitimate reason to file a complaint and whatever you do you don't want to give her that. I would try to find out more about her from her neighbors to figure out if this is normal for her.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What you took a picture of is just a part of the dash that is bent to make a distinction between the center stack and the driver oriented position/gauges/etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the interior shot picture is quite misleading but if you look at the picture I took from outside you'll see a blemish on the bend if you look closer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes thats it, You're right it's worth a try and I'll keep you posted. I think the smallest things are the biggest annoyances and everytime I sit in the car by nature I start looking at it... Have a good day!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I mean, if worst comes to worst go to a local bodyshop and see how much they would charge to replace the upper portion of the dash. That or purchase and do it yourself

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lets see if chevrolet will do it first. It's clearly a defect with their product and they need to rectify it.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
I think the interior shot picture is quite misleading but if you look at the picture I took from outside you'll see a blemish on the bend if you look closer.
I see it now! My mistake!

Bring it up with your dealer. The worse they can say is "nothing wrong".

1 - 20 of 29 Posts