Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8 (soon to be 1.8t) LS... white
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I too was thinking about doing this but just put the MSD on my car because I wanted it back on the road... definitely a worthwhile thing to look at.
Had MSD put one together for a 1.8, I would have grabbed one up, but since I'm in the rebuild process, this just adds that custom touch. lol

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
The latest video! You guys have the inside scoop, but here's the issues that came up with the PCV not sorted out.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,928 Posts
The latest video! You guys have the inside scoop, but here's the issues that came up with the PCV not sorted out.

Sounded like you were traveling through a drive by shooting for a bit there...

Since you have taken off the front fascia at least a dozen times now, any pointers on doing it? I have had mine taken off and replaced by others, but now I need to add some "stuff" that I would prefer to keep to myself.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Sounded like you were traveling through a drive by shooting for a bit there...

Since you have taken off the front fascia at least a dozen times now, any pointers on doing it? I have had mine taken off and replaced by others, but now I need to add some "stuff" that I would prefer to keep to myself.
Certainly! There's about 3-4 torques screws along the inner fender. There's a couple blue plastic holders where it meets the fender. Be careful not to lose those or break them. Might want to get a couple just incase. There are 3-4 body clips up top under the hood. The type with the plastic push pin and body. Simple to remove and are at any auto store if you lose or break any. There are 2 10mm bolts in the upper corners under the hood next to those quick clips. You'll have to remove the torqs screens and clips that attach the slash guards / aero dynamic plastic under the car as well. You don't have to completely remove them, but mine are out while I get this thing sorted out. Under the headlights there are about 4-5 plastic tabs that secure the upper right and left bumper cover. They simply snap in, but to remove them you could use / get some plastic molding removal tools. Just pry down until you see them. You might want to use a couple tools to pull the cover down so you can see them. You just need to press them down out of the slots in the bumper. At this point mine just pops off because I've removed it so many times. So once it's time to do some paint work, I'll replace the brackets that hold under the lights. Just take your time and don't force things and you'll be good.

I'll get some of this in a video and point it out once I remove the intercooler and all to clean them before it all goes back together.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Lastest video!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nothing like flip flops and moddin some cars!

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,410 Posts
Certainly! There's about 3-4 torques screws along the inner fender.
Just to be that ******* (maybe it'll help if you need to google for one in the event it wanders off, because fasteners love to do that): they're called "torx".

May very well have just been autocorrect, and if so: don't mind me!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #169

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Just to be that *** (maybe it'll help if you need to google for one in the event it wanders off, because fasteners love to do that): they're called "torx".

May very well have just been autocorrect, and if so: don't mind me!
LOL, you're right about that torx. Nope, I just spelled it wrong.

Reactions: MP81

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #171

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah it's been friggin hot this year... and dry. Waiting for my yard to burst into flames. LoL

Reactions: Crewz

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Yeah it's been friggin hot this year... and dry. Waiting for my yard to burst into flames. LoL
LOL! Need a fire extinguisher just for the yard (goes to turn on water hose... no water)...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Valve spring and retainer solution for our 1.8L's!

·
Registered
373 Posts
First 200mph cruze....

Keep up the good work man!

Reactions: Crewz

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #176

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Another piece of the puzzle! 215mm aluminum flywheel. Now I just need to get a clutch to hold the power. I'm looking into a KY 6 puck clutch.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,928 Posts
Valve spring and retainer solution for our 1.8L's!
This is coming along nicely. Not that you need to tell, but are you keeping track of the costs? Someone in the future may want to know.

I may be wrong, but my whole life, it was deck the block and shave the head.

I can't wait for the finish!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Definently agree! Exciting stuff!

161 - 180 of 182 Posts