Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a 2016 Cruze that I've already done a couple things to and I really wanna just keep going performance wise. Already I have:
the front and back bow ties plasti-dipped black, I have the headlights upgraded from the factory to HID's and a custom sound system installed. Door speakers, 3000 watt Hercules amp and 2 Rockford fosgate p3 12s, beats super hard, also dynamat in the back. I live in California so any ideas and help would be appreciated because I know most performance stuff is illegal. Anyone that is local that would be willing to help or give ideas or whatever would be cool. I still wanna keep this car my daily because i am making payments on it. Check it out :)

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
if you're looking to mod your cruze for performance, I think a good place to start would be getting a K&N intake. As long as parts come with CARB tags you will be able to pass smog with the tags on your car and you will be legal. Intake doesn't do much but it's an easy install, not pricey, and you get to say you put in your first legitimate mod. That being said if you're looking to greatly increase performance and add a noticeable amount of hp, you might need to start looking into some illegal mods as long as you got a loyal shop to give you dirty smogs for the right price. I heard a centrifugal supercharger will have a CARB tag so you can pass smog while adding a good amount of hp that you'll definitely notice but I haven't heard of anybody trying that yet and putting that on a stock cruze will definitely mess your **** up.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I would just BNR tune it and call it a day, especially if you're in Cali. The gains are tremendous. You'll see zero gains with parts without the tune.

·
10,712 Posts
I would just BNR tune it and call it a day, especially if you're in Cali. The gains are tremendous. You'll see zero gains with parts without the tune.
This. Car fights mods w/o a tune to the point it's slower than the day you got it showroom floor new. Tune is gonna be the biggest transition you can feel for the price paid hands down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts