Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference in the GMPP and the Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac Extended Protection Plan? I can get the GMPP Major guard for 5 additional years and 75k additional miles for $1855

·
10,695 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Must have been smoking crack when I married my ex, very insecure, demanded a high cost of life insurance on me, and protection plans for whatever we purchased. If you go this route, won't even have enough money left to buy a loaf of bread.

Since you get a five year PT warranty, can fairly figure this is what the life of your vehicle is. Least a three year full bumper to bumper warranty. See payment plans as high as six years, wonder who came out with these, not only responsible for your payments but maintenance and repair cost as well.

More darn insurance ads on TV then ever before with most trying to scare you to death if you don't have coverage. And if they claim to give you the coverage you want, they would quickly go out of business.

With out GM card and other discounts, laid out $15K for our new Cruze, been over three years now, and it totally dies, would cost us $5K per year, that is nothing compared to what we are paying for taxes and health insurance.

You really have to carefully read the terms of an extended warranty. And can practically guarantee you will get a migraine headache after doing so. One of their favorite words is exclusion. With many of these plans, the guy that is selling it to you gets 50% of your cost, so really applies the pressure for you to buy it.

All I can say is to read the fine print, in many cases, need an electron microscope to do this.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I can get the GMPP Major guard for 5 additional years and 75k additional miles for $1855
I'm into my 4 year of ownership and 72,000 miles on my cruze, I have paid for no repairs only general maintenance. $1800 is allot of money to put down for a what if scenario. I would prefer to put that much more down on the car for a cheaper payment or even just make the first 6+ months of payments. Better yet save the money for any repairs you actually need in the future.

If the cruze doesn't last to 100,000 miles with little or no repairs I will be buying something else next time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just wondering if it might be worth it. I bought my car certified so I have until 48k B2B and I think right at 101K PT so I believe that I'll pass. It seems pretty easy to work on as long as you know what the problem is.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
If the cruze doesn't last to 100,000 miles with little or no repairs I will be buying something else next time.
Even back in the 80's were talking about 200,000 mile vehicles, is this history now along with the 5 mph bumper?

Sure got a flock of mail for protection plans when I was getting close to that 36 month mark. Some were ridiculous where if a power window motor went out, could cost me 2,000 bucks.

Not a difficult job to replace and a new one only cost 40 bucks.

But this was only available if you purchased the premium plan, standard plan was no different than that 5 year power train warranty. Trying to convince us that by getting these plans, not only automotive, but just about everything, they can save you a huge fortune, but just try filing a claim and see how far you get. Ha, that problem is your fault.

Never in my life have I seen more false advertising on TV, but when I open my eyes, these insurance companies have the best and largest buildings in the world. They don't get this by paying out millions of dollars in claims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts