Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ProVent 200 crankcase breather laying around and today I finally found some time to install it. Z20DMH is not really the best engine for that if you want neat and clean install. I used 4 inches oil resistant pipe I had already and a 180 degree copper return bend. I picked probably the only suitable place in the engine bay to install it. ProVent oil drain outlet is currently blocked but I plan to attach it to an external bottle as to my best knowledge Z20DMH do not offer oil return.

Oh, yeah and for those not familiar with what ProVent is... It is one of the few suitable cranckase ventilation oil catch cans for these type of engines. Do not go for cheap ones. They rarely offer right size hoses and you risk increasing crankcase pressure even more especially on a tunned engine. This one is rated for up to 335 hP that is more than enough. It also offers integrated pressure regulator, etc.

Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Hood Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Hood

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Looks like same engine they use in Australia. Just different cover. Could be wrong. Not sure who originally developed it.

You could just vent the pcv to atmosphere you know :huh:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts