Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd take some pictures to share after pulling my filter today. Went into SRI mode instead of CAI to hopefully help the engine warm up more quickly. Probably won't make a big difference but I figured I might as well. This filter has around 35-40k miles on it, and was cleaned once at around 10k miles.

Inside looked pretty clean though.

Blew all the dust out with a pistol grip attachment to my air compressor at 110PSI

Looks like I can go a good 10-15k miles more on this filter. I'll probably replace it when I hit 50k miles.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I thought the Injen instructions said not to run it short ram style. I know when I had the Injen and tryed it short ram, the LTFTs went way negative. So much so, I never tryed it full cold air style and sold it. Is imagine you could get Trifecta to adjust your tune for it if you haven't already.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
That filter looks pretty dirty considering the mileage. I swapped out my factory filter at 32,000 miles, was still white with a few leaves in it. I could have left it longer but figured I already had the housing apart I might as well swap it out.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the Injen instructions said not to run it short ram style. I know when I had the Injen and tryed it short ram, the LTFTs went way negative. So much so, I never tryed it full cold air style and sold it. Is imagine you could get Trifecta to adjust your tune for it if you haven't already.
I have a screen installed that smooths airflow across the MAF, and I also have a Trifecta tune.

That filter looks pretty dirty considering the mileage. I swapped out my factory filter at 32,000 miles, was still white with a few leaves in it. I could have left it longer but figured I already had the housing apart I might as well swap it out.
I honestly don't know how many miles are on it exactly. limited360 owned it before I did and he sold his Cruze with 20k miles on it. I installed it some time between 5k and 10k and now have 34k.

It is indeed pretty dirty. I imagine that the dirt has a lot to do with it being installed as a CAI.

Sent from mobile.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Looks like the filter is holding up nicely. I had to replace mine because it had a hole in it so I got an K&N filter. Hey Anderi do you have a picture of the screen you installed?

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like the filter is holding up nicely. I had to replace mine because it had a hole in it so I got an K&N filter. Hey Anderi do you have a picture of the screen you installed?
I do not. Just a piece of window screen stretched over the pipe, then the coupler over that.

In would go back to an Amsoil filter if I were you. I'm not at all a fan of K&N, or any brand name oiled filters. The Amsoil EA is a nano fiber dry filter. You could also go with AEM.

Sent from mobile.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you put anything in front of the radiator to help heat the motor up at all or no? Seems like some of the non-eco guys have been doing that, haven't they? I contemplated trying the same thing. Your thoughts?
I do want to block off the upper grille somehow, but I haven't found a non-ghetto way to do it yet. I'd rather not use cardboard.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I do want to block off the upper grille somehow, but I haven't found a non-ghetto way to do it yet. I'd rather not use cardboard.
I was thinkin of just using cardboard and then just covering it with Gorilla tape so its black like the rest of the car/would withstand water. You have any idea on how large of a piece you are going to do?

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
I would really like to get the larger Eco flaps for the upper grill, but no doubt it's only available with the grill and my luck no junkyard would part that out if I could even find one.

I'm tempted to put my lower shutter back in again this winter, but after the brake recall. If they ever get the parts.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I do not. Just a piece of window screen stretched over the pipe, then the coupler over that.

In would go back to an Amsoil filter if I were you. I'm not at all a fan of K&N, or any brand name oiled filters. The Amsoil EA is a nano fiber dry filter. You could also go with AEM.

Sent from mobile.
Will do I just had an K&N filter laying around so I just installed it for the time being. I'll head to the auto part store tomorrow they have AEM filters in stock.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will do I just had an K&N filter laying around so I just installed it for the time being. I'll head to the auto part store tomorrow they have AEM filters in stock.
I can get you a replacement Amsoil EA filter, which is similar to the one that came with the intake, if you want. 12% discount, and you can pick any size you want. Amsoil EA filters filter a tad better than AEM but they are both better than K&N.

Sent from mobile.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I can get you a replacement Amsoil EA filter, which is similar to the one that came with the intake, if you want. 12% discount, and you can pick any size you want. Amsoil EA filters filter a tad better than AEM but they are both better than K&N.

Sent from mobile.
Alright sounds good I'll send you a PM shortly. Thanks Anderi.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts