Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Purchase a 2014 Cruze. Picking it up in less than 2 weeks.

15675 Views 21 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  UlyssesSG
Hi All,

Just purchased a 2014 Chevy Cruze 2LT with the RS package. I went at the GM dealer to try a new Malibu and wasn't much impressed with it and then saw this car almost fully loaded and it had a std trans which pretty much made me fall in love with it. The dealer will install a remote start and a trailer hitch so I can to my ATV to the trail which is just a few miles down the road. Since winter is coming to an end, I will try to just do it with the stock tires.

The reason I'm writing here is that I am new to this car and would like some input from some people who has been driving it for awhile. I'm sure there's some things I should know about the car and the salesmen didn't seem to quite know much about the car as they sell more trucks there.

Thanks,
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Banned
9,198 Posts
So far, very pleased with our 2012 2LT with a manual transmission. Ha, not sure if I would like that smudge screen, see you have a bunch of pushbuttons missing compared to ours.

Also see you have no snow on the ground, an ATV for winter trails? Ha,we use a snowmobile for this. ATV's are for spring, summer, and fall use.

Really curious about remote start with a manual transmission, our dealer said it can't be done. Only needs a neutral safety switch as compared to an AT, already has a parking brake switch. Is he installing an aftermarket unit?

· Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Welcome to CT and congrats on your new 2LT 6M.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NickD,

Yes we have snow there was just not much in the dealer's lot hehe. Yes we have winter ATV trals andI will more than likely still own the Cruze once the snow melts so... The remote start is an after market. There is no way we can get a remote start on a std model, in Canada anyways.

· Registered
94 Posts
Just curious, those look like LTZ rims. Do Canadian models get different wheel options than us south of the border?

Other than that, it looks exactly like what we're getting. :clap:

· Banned
9,198 Posts
NickD,

Yes we have snow there was just not much in the dealer's lot hehe. Yes we have winter ATV trals andI will more than likely still own the Cruze once the snow melts so... The remote start is an after market. There is no way we can get a remote start on a std model, in Canada anyways.
Could you post the brand and model number of that aftermarket remote start. This would make my wife happier.

Ha, they say Wisconsin does not border Canada, but drew a line through the center of Lake Superior with the north half, Canada and the south half Wisconsin. In this respect, we only live 150 miles south of Canada. Use to go up there all the time, but now need a passport. At this rate, we will need passports to cross state lines.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just curious, those look like LTZ rims. Do Canadian models get different wheel options than us south of the border?

Those are not 2LT model wheels. They come as part of the "RS" package. I am not 100% sure what regular 2LT comes with in Canada.

Could you post the brand and model number of that aftermarket remote start. This would make my wife happier.

Ha, they say Wisconsin does not border Canada, but drew a line through the center of Lake Superior with the north half, Canada and the south half Wisconsin. In this respect, we only live 150 miles south of Canada. Use to go up there all the time, but now need a passport. At this rate, we will need passports to cross state lines.
I sure will let you know when I pick up the car. Ya it's not that great we need a passport to cross the border now even by car! I live on the East coast and we get way more snow that Southern Ontario. Usually mid March it will start melting and stop accumulating.

· Premium Member
104 Posts

Those are not 2LT model wheels. They come as part of the "RS" package. I am not 100% sure what regular 2LT comes with in Canada.
They are 2LT wheels and are not only in Canada. I believe only in 2011 (maybe also 2012), the 1LT and 2LT shared the same wheel. Wheels have nothing to do with the RS package. Each model of cruze has a different wheel... LS, 1LT, 2LT, LTZ, and diesel.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Congrats on your new Cruze and welcome to CruzeTalk. Let us know how that remote start works for you - there are several members with manuals who have asked about remote start.

· Registered
94 Posts
They are 2LT wheels and are not only in Canada. I believe only in 2011 (maybe also 2012), the 1LT and 2LT shared the same wheel. Wheels have nothing to do with the RS package. Each model of cruze has a different wheel... LS, 1LT, 2LT, LTZ, and diesel.
Here's US model 2LT wheels: Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke Auto part

And the LTZ wheel: Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Auto part Spoke

They sure look like the split spoke wheels in the picture. No biggie, just curious.
Edit: Looking at the GM Canada website, they are our LTZ rim. They come with the RS package north of the border, like OP said. 2LT models get the US spec 1LT wheel, and LTZ models get the US spec 2LT wheel.

· Premium Member
104 Posts
Edit: Looking at the GM Canada website, they are our LTZ rim. They come with the RS package north of the border, like OP said. 2LT models get the US spec 1LT wheel, and LTZ models get the US spec 2LT wheel.
Ah okay... I didn't think there was a difference between the markets, but I stand corrected.

Edit: And you're right, he does have the LTZ wheels.

· Registered
246 Posts
Late 2011 and up 2LT wheel

Early 2011 2LT & LTZ wheel

· Registered
246 Posts
Here's US model 2LT wheels: View attachment 60233

And the LTZ wheel: View attachment 60241

They sure look like the split spoke wheels in the picture. No biggie, just curious.
Wow, that's how they used to do it here by other offering a styling package and it offered the biggest wheel.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nick993,

It is a 2LT. Looked it up on GM Canada and the 18" wheels on the car are part of the RS package. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Mid-size car

Edit: Also verified, you can't have a manual transmission with the LTZ trim in Canada.

· Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,879 Posts
I also like the white color so I don't trip over it when its dark.
I have that problem sometimes with a black one. Going out to take out the garbage or something...*smack* oh, right, THAT'S where I put the car. Silly car, you're like a ninja.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.