Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have been scouring this forum and all the great information as I just purchased a 2012 Cruze Eco with 147k miles. I am very happy with it so far and the vehicle seems to have been maintained and is in great condition. To be prudent, and smart, I have begun performing general maintenance. So far I have:

- Changed the manual trans fluid. Filled with BG Syncroshift 2 (Local Amsoil shop didn't have the Amsoil Syncro). Filled to the level plug (well slightly higher as the vehicle was on a slight incline). Question here, do the drain and level plugs not have a fixed stop? It seemed that the torque needed to secure the bolt remained linear once I began threading into the teflon on the threads. I secured them to about flush with the trans housing. Correct?

- Flushed the coolant. Filled with Prestone Dex Cool. I also added Amsoil Coolant Boost at the prescribed amount.

- Flushed brake lines and clutch. Filled with Valvoline Synthetic DOT 3/4. I noticed a real difference after the flush.

I plan to do the following over the next couple weeks:

- Change the oil using Amsoil Sig Series. (The oil was changed by the dealer before purchase, but I want to get on top of things to get as much life out of this car as possible)

- Change the spark plugs following the advice found in the Hesitation Gone thread (which is copper plugs gapped to .028). (Cant post links yet)

Is there anything else I should be aware of? Thanks to everyone for all of their input and research, and for providing it on the forum!

Ryan

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
Welcome and I think you've got it covered. Use the 2014 Owner's manual's severe service schedule for your routine maintenance.

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
i know its small but remember to lub the door hinges with lithium grease, change your cab air filter since you dont know when done last, id do engine air if condition is unknown and it looks older, check pads and rotors, dialectric grease on door rubber or us GM product for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. Will get the hinges and door rubber. The car had the rotors and pads replaced before sale. I checked the cabin air filter and it seems good. Will check the engine air. Thoughts on spraying silicon on the moving suspension parts/bushings? I haven't really looked closely there yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts