Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a Used 2011 Cruze LS - Automatic Transmissions with the 1.8L Engine, I test drove it and everything seemed good, the car fax was clean. But the more I drive it, it is just incredibly sluggish, it seems like I barely touch the gas and the RMP's jump up to like 3 or so, the "take-off" of the car is just god awful. Once I get going it seems much better/smoother, but the initial start off is just horrible...is this standard for most cars? or is there something slightly off here

It also seems like I"m chewing through gas really quickly, for a car that gets 22 city / 34 highway, I seem like I drove a few miles and the gas tank is slowly decreasing

I feel bad because I just purchased the car, but I'm already fairly unhappy with the performance...not sure what to do, driving the car is making me nuts. I love everything else about the car outside of the performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know much about where the car came from, outside of that it had a clean carfax. My main issue is that I love everything about the car, outside of the performance, it is just so incredibly jerky and slow it drives me nuts everytime I'm in it

I don't really want to trade it in, becuase i'll end up taking a few thousand dollar hit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its definitely less than three years old, how many miles are on this vehicle? Is your check engine lamp on? Car should do 0-60 mph in under ten seconds, and how is your fuel mileage? How about engine starting? Does it fire right up as soon as you hit the key?

Doesn't take much of anything to kill the performance on these things. Little oil on the MAF sensor, a tad of carbon on just one spark plug center electrode. That causes a minor misfire, excess oxygen to the O2 sensors, thinks its running lean, so applies more fuel to the other three causing a run rich condition. Minor vacuum leak, maybe someone knocked off the hose.

Did you buy this from a Chevy dealer, used car dealer, or a private party? All factors in getting your vehicle repaired right. But if still under warranty, any Chevy dealer should be happy to look at it, they get paid for this by GM.

Just one sensor, say the MAP can be out of tolerance, not generate a code, but fuel mixture and timing will be way off causing very poor performance.
I bought it used from a honda dealership, its a 2011 with 30k miles on it, no check engine lamp, the fuel mileage seems decent like 22 MPG City, I don't see much of a problem with the start up, its just so increidly slow and jerky through the gears

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I THINK that you can certainly get the HISTORY of your car by having your dealer enter the VIN number into their computers and get the car's history from DAY ONE! That said, if this dealer is the one that sold you the car and lied about its history or is trying to hide something, then they'll probably tell you they can't do that. Find another dealer if that happens. I hate slimy dealers/salesmen etc.

If it's any comfort to you, my 2011 LTZ RS turbo was just a year old on Valentine's day. I have 6,700 miles on the car and it still shifts like crap! Very jerky at times. Just today it did another weird "banging/slipping" into gear pulling out of a driveway! Also, when pulling out into traffic, I NEVER know if the car is going to move OR if I have to floor it to get it to go! It's like the gas pedal and the engine are definitely NOT communicating. My 2004 Chevy Aveo is like a "jet" compared to this car! People in this forum tell me it's the "drive by wire" setup whatever that is! What was wrong with a gas pedal being connected to the engine the old fashioned way? I still say that Detroit has a way of using US as guinea pigs to test their cars. For a car that was in production in other countries for several years and supposedly tested for 4 MILLION miles, it leaves several things to be desired!
I definitely think that sounds like the issue, with lack of communication between the pedal and the engine, I've had the car for a week and it incredibly frustrating to drive with alot of stop and go situations, it seems like once the car gets going, into the coasting situations its perfectly fine, but if you have to do alot of stop and go, the car its just a nightmare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.