Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Trifecta only available for 1.4 right?
no, but the 1.4 sees more of an advantage in making power with the turbo. Haven't seen a dyno for the tuned 1.8 yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I THINK that you can certainly get the HISTORY of your car by having your dealer enter the VIN number into their computers and get the car's history from DAY ONE! That said, if this dealer is the one that sold you the car and lied about its history or is trying to hide something, then they'll probably tell you they can't do that. Find another dealer if that happens. I hate slimy dealers/salesmen etc.

If it's any comfort to you, my 2011 LTZ RS turbo was just a year old on Valentine's day. I have 6,700 miles on the car and it still shifts like crap! Very jerky at times. Just today it did another weird "banging/slipping" into gear pulling out of a driveway! Also, when pulling out into traffic, I NEVER know if the car is going to move OR if I have to floor it to get it to go! It's like the gas pedal and the engine are definitely NOT communicating. My 2004 Chevy Aveo is like a "jet" compared to this car! People in this forum tell me it's the "drive by wire" setup whatever that is! What was wrong with a gas pedal being connected to the engine the old fashioned way? I still say that Detroit has a way of using US as guinea pigs to test their cars. For a car that was in production in other countries for several years and supposedly tested for 4 MILLION miles, it leaves several things to be desired!
I definitely think that sounds like the issue, with lack of communication between the pedal and the engine, I've had the car for a week and it incredibly frustrating to drive with alot of stop and go situations, it seems like once the car gets going, into the coasting situations its perfectly fine, but if you have to do alot of stop and go, the car its just a nightmare

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Can see where taking this vehicle into a Trifecta shop, they can test it, and even find the problem. With mail order service, software just cannot repair a hardware problem.

In working with military self diagnostic systems, a far cry from consumer in that military uses all backup reference systems. Do not have that luxury in consumer quality automotive, have to assume that sensor data is accurate, nothing to compare it with. Best thing one can do is to pull all these sensors, in particular the linear ones and test those against manufacturers specifications. But even that is getting to be impossible because of liability and warranty considerations, they don't want to provide that information. Can buy a hundred such sensors and generate your own mean curve.

Initial timing is a key specification that drastically affects both performance and economy. That also became history with the advent of distributorless ignition systems and the use of fixed crank angle sensors, can install a degree wheel with a pointer to learn what it is, but still no specification and no means to adjust it. Have to take their word for it. In the USA, this method was strictly enforced by our EPA, they don't want you to fool around with your own vehicle.

Really can't say I am impressed with this curve. Only about a 1.7% improvement. As far as the OP is concerned, purchased a broken car, still under warranty, and should get it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
5,241 Posts
Trifecta only available for 1.4 right?
No Me and Jakkaroo have the 1.8 and the tune and it does wonders. The 1.4 is just more common than the 1.8 that is why you read more about the 1.4. The 1.8 tune came out after the 1.4 tune and there are not as many tests etc about the 1.8 tune. Speaking from experience, it did wonders for my car!!! I definitely recommend!

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. Don't want to continue thread jacking so if there's a thread dedicated to the trifecta, can you guys point me in the right direction? Search yielded only threads with comments not a dedicated thread.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.