Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post. Great community you guys have here.

I'm in the market for a new Cruze Eco 6MT. I've been reading up on the model year differences and it seems that it basically boils down to the addition of the MyLink system for the '13 model year.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with both of the infotainment systems in the '12 and '13 models and if they feel the MyLink system is a significant upgrade that should be considered? If it matters all of the phones/devices I'd be connecting run iOS.

There are a fair number of 2012s left on the dealer lots around here, and the 60 month 0% financing has got my interest. I'm also thinking I could get a relatively better deal on the 2012 now that the 2013s are starting to arrive in numbers. That said, I keep my cars a long time and spend a lot of time in them, so I don't want to miss out on a significant upgrade just to save a few bucks.

Thoughts? What would you do?

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
It all depends on how much you want to spend. The MyLink system is nice, from what I've heard, and some of the extra safety features that you can add on are also very nice. Personally, if I was buying a Cruze right now, I'd go with a 2013 over a 2012 because those would be features I'll have wished I had later. How important are these extra features to you?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,359 Posts
My link is great. I wish I'd waited a bit for it. I think it'll be a bigger resale point a few years down the road than the stock radio too.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
I'll go for the 2013 Cruze MyLink worth it & the added safety features. Also the 13 Cruze has bigger safety discounts over the 12 Cruze at least with State Farm ins.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I suppose the answer is I don't know if it's that important to me or not. Guess it will probably require some seat time in each to really know.

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I suppose the answer is I don't know if it's that important to me or not. Guess it will probably require some seat time in each to really know.
That's a good way to look at it. Also get the numbers down on all of these cars to see what your payments would be. The dealers may be getting desperate to get the 2012 models out of there. You should have no problem getting a completely base 2012 Cruze Eco 6MT for $18,500. By base, I mean no options like driver convenience package, all weather floor mats, or Pioneer sound.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I was just looking at one without mylink and they want 22500 for it and that an automatic. I don't see almost 2000 in difference.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. I agree with the other responders - take a look at the options and decide if the extra cost of a 2013 is worth it to you.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
My recomendation is a eco 6mt base.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just did this 3.5 (LOL) weeks ago and chose the 13. At the time there were really no incentives on 12s, but I don't think it would have swayed me. Play with a MyLink and see what you think. IMO it's a great upgrade. Mine has the convenience package and Black Granite paint and stickered at just over $21K.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Regardless of which model year you go with, get the connectivity package. There have been a lot of threads here started by people who don't have the connectivity package. Without it you don't get hands free calling via your phone over Bluetooth.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I thought Bluetooth is standard on the '12?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I think it is on all but the LS. Just verify in any case.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Watch out for fleet Cruzen. Very few of them will have OnStar or the connectivity package, regardless of model year or trim level.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Yea the fleet cruze's don't come with USB or AUX, and some of them don't come with cruise control either I believe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts