Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Push start doesn't work after programming new key.

7516 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  mcwilly14
Hello everyone! I just picked up a new key for my 2013 LTZ and when I tried to program the new fob something went wrong and now neither key will let me start the car. ( push start)

The old key fob will still let me use the remote start and door locks.
The new key fob will let me control the locks. However neither one will let me start the car when I hit the push start button.

I think I may have either unprogrammed the old key accedently, or I tripped some sort of antitheft system. Do you fine folks have any ideas of something I could try?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I left my car at the dealer overnight (luckily this happened in the parking lot after buying the new key) and they called me today saying the car started later that night with the original fob. They were also able to program the new key using the steps provided in the owners manual instead of using their "computer" that would have cost ~$50 (Which is why I was doing it myself in the first place.)

I'm going to assume that the car was in some sort of lock down mode and just needed to time out. The dealership said they didn't know what was wrong or why it started working again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.