Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I am not sure what happened. In the last couple of months, my 2014 Cruze receives calls and automatically answers them...no screen indicating who it is or if I can discard (not answer). It does ring so I know someone is there. Also, when a text message comes in the car dings but nothing comes up. Is there an update I missed?

Phone did not change...still paired to the Blue Tooth.

We did not continue the OnStar or the Pandora after the initial free time. The car has 11,000 miles on it...does not go much or far but has been a good little vehicle.

Any ideas or is this a back to the dealer thing? I would appreciate your help.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
my 2014 Cruze receives calls and automatically answers them...
That strikes me as odd. Check the options in the car to see if there's a setting for that. I kinda doubt it. Then check your phone to see if it's been set to auto-answer when you have a bluetooth headset on. As far as your phone's concerned, the Cruze is a bluetooth headset.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have no end of trouble with the bluetooth in my '14 Cruze Eco. Sometimes it won't connect with my phone. Many times when I am connected and listening to music from my phone the bluetooth will start to cut in and out. This happens most often near drive-through windows and near 18-wheelers. I assume I am just getting drowned out by a stronger bluetooth signal. Also, sometimes when I'm playing music, if I skip a couple of songs forward or backward, the bluetooth will cut out entirely and go to FM or XM. After a minute or so, it reconnects the bluetooth and will play again (although a little skippy at first until a solid connection is made).

I suppose it could be the phone signal is just too weak, but I've never experienced any of these things when using the phone's bluetooth to connect to external speakers; only with the car.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I suppose it could be the phone signal is just too weak, but I've never experienced any of these things when using the phone's bluetooth to connect to external speakers; only with the car.
Where is your phone during this time? The Bluetooth antenna(s) for the MyLink are right behind the radio control panel.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I don't think bluetooth ever read texts for me in the past.
What year? I know the 2013 MyLink doesn't have any texting features. But a 2015 MyLink will display and read them out loud.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
What year? I know the 2013 MyLink doesn't have any texting features. But a 2015 MyLink will display and read them out loud.
I'm just so used to carplay that sometimes I forget bluetooth is even a thing. hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I don't believe Iphone works with this. When I had an android based phone it did
That's what I get for having an iPhone for the last 10 years. hahahaha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where is your phone during this time? The Bluetooth antenna(s) for the MyLink are right behind the radio control panel.
A lot of the time it's just sitting in the passenger seat, plugged into a charging cable but when it acts up I tend to grab it and move it around, and turn it this way and that facing the radio in all different directions until it connects properly which can take a couple minutes. It's frustrating trying to listen to a song that keeps cutting in and out. Unfortunately, a good portion of my commute is along a river in a canyon that completely blocks the southern sky making XM radio intermittent as well so I'd really prefer the bluetooth link to work flawlessly.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The only thing I can think of is pry the silver box out and open it up and make sure the Bluetooth antenna is connected.

·
Registered
510 Posts
iPhones and Android phones both work with text message display / read starting in 2014.

I have not seen klb1961 or Nieboh state what kind of phone they are using.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts