Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Cruze LS 1.8L. It's at a dealership right now and they told me the chassis control module needed to be replaced. I purchased a control module (PN 23488511) which was stated by the seller to be compatible with my car. (here is the listing). I installed the module myself and had the dealership program it and they called me back and said the module I installed is not compatible and that it has to be a very specific PN (22874300). From my understanding, the two modules are all from the same series and can be used interchangeably. Am I being lied to by the dealership, or are they correct when they say only a very specific part number will work for my car based on VIN?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 2014 Cruze LS 1.8L. It's at a dealership right now and they told me the chassis control module needed to be replaced. I purchased a control module (PN 23488511) which was stated by the seller to be compatible with my car. (here is the listing). I installed the module myself and had the dealership program it and they called me back and said the module I installed is not compatible and that it has to be a very specific PN (22874300). From my understanding, the two modules are all from the same series and can be used interchangeably. Am I being lied to by the dealership, or are they correct when they say only a very specific part number will work for my car based on VIN?
Ok, yes it would need to have vin programmed into new Fuel Pump Contol Module.

Now one thing is the first part # you listed 23488511 is the one you bought or recieved?

The link goes to an auction for the part# the dealership says you should have 22874300.

The difference can be a 1.8 gas, or a 1.8 flex fuel, or etc. That's the main difference. You can't put a flex fuel module on standard gas, nor vice versa.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok, yes it would need to have vin programmed into new Fuel Pump Contol Module.

Now one thing is the first part # you listed 23488511 is the one you bought or recieved?

The link goes to an auction for the part# the dealership says you should have 22874300.

The difference can be a 1.8 gas, or a 1.8 flex fuel, or etc. That's the main difference. You can't put a flex fuel module on standard gas, nor vice versa.
I purchased the 23488511 because I was under the assumption it would be compatible with my car which is a 1.8 gas. I ordered a 22874300 and will have it programmed Friday. Hopefully it makes a difference, but I'd but lying if I said I didn't have my doubts. Is it possible what they're telling me is accurate?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I purchased the 23488511 because I was under the assumption it would be compatible with my car which is a 1.8 gas. I ordered a 22874300 and will have it programmed Friday. Hopefully it makes a difference, but I'd but lying if I said I didn't have my doubts. Is it possible what they're telling me is accurate?
If the dealership is cool, they shouldn't charge a second programming fee.

Hopefully also the person you bought it from will issue full refund and return shipping at no cost, because they did sell something "not as described ".

·
Registered
482 Posts
SourceOne/Source1 is usually very good about their part interchange. I can not find 23488511 as a valid part number at any online GM parts websites. I did find a google search result that said it was for 2015-2016 Cruzes however, Take that with a grain of salt since I can't find anything official for it.

22874300 is listed for 2013-2014 Cruzes, both 1.4L and 1.8L.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What was your original P/N from your old Fuel Pump Control Module..

·
Registered
482 Posts
22874299 does not show up as a valid part number on GM Part websites. Most likely has been superseded by 22874300.

If you want to be certain which one you need, pm your vin to me and I can check.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
22874299 does not show up as a valid part number on GM Part websites. Most likely has been superseded by 22874300.

If you want to be certain which one you need, pm your vin to me and I can check.
I had the module programmed today. Car started right up with the 22874300 module. Thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts