Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the weather, gas, and movie info part of XM or On Star or is it a free service feature on Chevy My Link? Nice feature I didn't expect.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
As far as I know xm is only satellite radio so I'm thinking it's part of my link. Yours came with DVD player?

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
As far as I know xm is only satellite radio so I'm thinking it's part of my link. Yours came with DVD player?
Nope it's part of XM service and to answer your question to keep those features you said you will have to keep your XM service after your free 3 month trial service is over.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont know....thought it was a cd player, does it play DVD?

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
You said movie info so I was confused.lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes excatly what Clump said. Now, what I don't know though is after the trail consumers are allowed to purchase just the Travel Link service from Sirius or not. I think they may not allow this. Not sure! Anyways I certainly am not planning on purchasing their XM service. No use for me as we load up the USB with tons of children's songs anyways :)

The travel link would be useful especially for gas prices and weather.

The MyLink claims it can play "movie files from the USB". There is a separate "movie player" soft button on the screen, but I have not been able to get it to work. I only tried once though. Maybe the encoding was not quite right.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Ok I like that feature. Now if only you could get without the xm. Lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts