Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow ECO owners,

I feel the front spoiler/lip is so low; I cannot clear most Parking spots.

To those of you who have lowered your cars via any means- even if your car is lower due to wheels and tires-

Do you just put up with it like most owners of lowered cars do?
Have any of you removed the lip and subsequently front-end scrape no more? (where I live, ditches and high angle entrance/exit ways are very common.)

I'm interested in slightly lowering my car, but the lip issue, kind of bothers me. I already own a different lowered car and I'd prefer to not scrape/have to drive super slow over obstacles.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I don't have an Eco but I assume it's about the same...my LT is lowered with Eibach springs and I do have issues with parking block/curb parking spots. Other than that I really don't, I always creep thinking I'm going to scrape on an incline, but then I don't...but in parking spaces I'm just careful not to pull up too far because it does hit, and it doesn't even hit the lip thing it scrapes the bottom of the bumper before the lowest lip piece, so if one were to hit it hard enough it'd probably blow that lip clean off.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The eco is almost one inch lower than the rest of the Cruze models.......I just enter entrances at a angle, as well as slower to keep from tagging the spoiler.......this includes my own driveway.

And not get too close to parking curbs......those will gnaw the bottom of the facia off.

Rob

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I might be wrong, but the ECO also has a front lip/diffuser as part of its increased aerodynamics.
It is barely visible, being under the bumper (almost vertically- wonder how that helps CoD) and soft black.

Personally, decided I will never lower my Cruze even on the least lowering of springs; the drop from stock being ECO and a new set of grippier rubber will assuage alot of the handling.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Yes - when I had my Cruze ECO (stock ride height) would scrape the rubber air dam once in a while on some inclines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts