Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I've been spending a lot of time researching and looking at old threads on here trying to make up my mind. I'm in the market to trade in my car and get a Cruze. But of course I'm having a hard time trying to pick which one. I'm driving 80 miles round trip 5 days a week and I want something with awesome mpg. So I'm trying to decide between the Eco mt or the diesel. Currently a dealership near me has a brand new 14 diesel for 22250. And I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if they have any other rebates of incentives going on for it. My travel is 98% highway/interstate. And diesel is currently lower than gas right now, but who knows how long that will last. I also work for the railroad and have the gm supplier discount. I just want to know everyone's take on it. Thanks

Hello guys. I've been spending a lot of time researching and looking at old threads on here trying to make up my mind. I'm in the market to trade in my car and get a Cruze. But of course I'm having a hard time trying to pick which one. I'm driving 80 miles round trip 5 days a week and I want something with awesome mpg. So I'm trying to decide between the Eco mt or the diesel. Currently a dealership near me has a brand new 14 diesel for 22250. And I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if they have any other rebates of incentives going on for it. My travel is 98% highway/interstate. And diesel is currently lower than gas right now, but who knows how long that will last. I also work for the railroad and have the gm supplier discount. I just want to know everyone's take on it. Thanks
You sound like you have an idea on which 2 trims to choose from. If you don't feel like shifting your own gears and like leather seats, Diesel wins. 13 is lowest you want to go in model year(Diesel starts in 14) and 14 is preferred. 15 is solid but you are most likely looking at new car price unless you find that one someone got rid of instantly for a larger car *fingers crossed* or got repossessed because they fell onto hard times shortly after getting it (almost me literally).

Premium Member
From reading the threads, I think the biggest problem with the diesel is finding a good dealer to service it. Anyone can sell one, but do they have the techs that understand it? The advice has been given to find a service dealer that works on the diesel trucks. (It doesn't have to be the same one you bought from).

From reading the threads, I think the biggest problem with the diesel is finding a good dealer to service it. Anyone can sell one, but do they have the techs that understand it? The advice has been given to find a service dealer that works on the diesel trucks. (It doesn't have to be the same one you bought from).
From that angle of it, how long is too long for a diesel to sit up on a lot before you have the random issues with sensors? Only going by what I see here in combination of sensor issues and dealerships not knowing what channel to order the new parts under.

That being said, there are quite a few people out there who had small issues up front and went on with life. Dealership service will pretty much dictate how you view the car and brand.

Premium Member
To be sure, there are bad dealers even for a Eco, but the rarity and different technology in a diesel make that a bigger challenge.

Super Moderator
You're a natural for a diesel.

Just buy a GMPP to enjoy worry-free motoring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts