Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this forum owned/operated by GM? or some private entity? I see some reps from GM here? If so does GM have forums for their other vehicles? If so why not just one general GM forum?

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
AutoGuide owns it.

GM moniters many GM based forums to get information and provide guidance.

Very active on various Cadillac sites.....so far, I have only seen GM get involved with social media that is geared around their product.......I find it rather refreshing.

Rob

·
Administrator
25,038 Posts
As Rob said, AutoGuide owns this site. They're based in Toronto, Canada. GM has a social media team that monitors a lot of non-GM forums that are dedicated to their cars. Our team also monitors SonicOwnersForum.

As for paid staff, the only two "paid" accounts here are user names "Administrator" and "Chevy Customer Care". Administrator is used the the AutoGuide staff and Chevy Customer Care is used by GM Social Media. The rest of the staff with Moderator tags, including XtremeRevolution and myself, are volunteers. XR and I have "Administrator" under our usernames. He's the primary and I'm the alternate.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Who doesn't have a social media team as part of their public relations and marketing departments?

It's free client satisfaction analysis. Especially in car forums. They can pay outside firms for this or they can just see what we like and don't like directly.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Who doesn't have a social media team as part of their public relations and marketing departments?
They may exist, but how many of them post and offer to help? It seems to me most of them just "lurk".

I'm sure part of it is all too many times it becomes a pile-on of all the ills any owner has ever experienced with the product.

·
Premium Member
4,581 Posts
On the Ask General Motors section why aren't questions moved to the proper sub forums. Right now "Horn not working" is very popular along with "Replacing OEM Radio" and "Tire Pressure"

The "My Chevrolet" CRUZE forum is terrible. Did they ever add a link to us. Last time I logged on there were 7 members online? You will find the same G.M. Social Media Reps there as well.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As Rob said, AutoGuide owns this site. They're based in Toronto, Canada. GM has a social media team that monitors a lot of non-GM forums that are dedicated to their cars. Our team also monitors SonicOwnersForum.

As for paid staff, the only two "paid" accounts here are user names "Administrator" and "Chevy Customer Care". Administrator is used the the AutoGuide staff and Chevy Customer Care is used by GM Social Media. The rest of the staff with Moderator tags, including XtremeRevolution and myself, are volunteers. XR and I have "Administrator" under our usernames. He's the primary and I'm the alternate.
Well put, thanks for the info.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
All I know is that this is one of the best forums on the internet. And really nice to have GM reps on this board, and here to help us.

And if you are having problems with your Cruze, people are here to help you. Ha, on other boards, a bunch of people are on simply to tell you to buy a Toyota. Not just once, but a million times.

Not very helpful.

·
Premium Member
4,581 Posts
Is this forum owned/operated by GM? or some private entity? I see some reps from GM here? If so does GM have forums for their other vehicles? If so why not just one general GM forum?

• AutoGuide.com

The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.

AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.

Visit AutoGuide.com today.
Visit Hybrid Cars for the latest in Hybrid and Electric Cars.
For advertising information, on the AutoGuide.com network please request a media kit or email us: [email protected]

DOMESTIC
Cherokee SRT8 Forum
Chevy Bolt Forum
Chevy City Express Forum
Chevy Trav Forum
Cummins Forum
ColoradoFans.com
Dodge Durango Forum
Diesel Forum
Ram 1500 Diesel Forum
Ram 700 Forum
Dodge-Nitro.com