Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not necessarily a service issue, but I wasn't sure where else to post it. My question is: Are there any differences in build quality between the LS and LT cruzes? I'm just asking because I have a 2016 cruze limited LS, brand new and I test drove a 2014 cruze LT and the 2014 felt MUCH sturdier and grounded compared to the 2016. It felt like I was truly driving a mid size car. Even small things such as the lid on top of the USB and AUX connectors, which is missing in the 2016, was a nice touch.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Shouldn't be, but some stuff was removed or discontinued in the 'limited'/refreshed-face model year (like the USB/Aux connector) for 2015/2016 Limited. Other things like the dash compartment were changed as well.

2014 probably also had Z-Link rear suspension, which helps stability and chassis bump absorption/articulation a bit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shouldn't be, but some stuff was removed or discontinued in the 'limited'/refreshed-face model year (like the USB/Aux connector) for 2015/2016 Limited. Other things like the dash compartment were changed as well.

2014 probably also had Z-Link rear suspension, which helps stability and chassis bump absorption/articulation a bit.
Yeah that's probably it. It's sad that I'm considering trading my 2016 ls for a 2014 LT now.... lol!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
While I'm here, anyone know whats causing my car to emit a loud pinging noise once it's turned off? Sounds like the metal retracting after being hot perhaps? Here's a video of someone experiencing the same thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKY1cS407Rk
Just the exhaust system cooling off. Mine made a loud pop occasionally if it just came off the highway or was driven hard prior to shutting down.

If I were to trade Cruzes again, it'd absolutely be for another Gen 2. Gen 1 - I'd probably keep the 1.8 over the 1.4. They seem to be much less problematic in the long run.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Not necessarily a service issue, but I wasn't sure where else to post it. My question is: Are there any differences in build quality between the LS and LT cruzes? I'm just asking because I have a 2016 cruze limited LS, brand new and I test drove a 2014 cruze LT and the 2014 felt MUCH sturdier and grounded compared to the 2016. It felt like I was truly driving a mid size car. Even small things such as the lid on top of the USB and AUX connectors, which is missing in the 2016, was a nice touch.
I have a lid from a 2014, one of the many parts that came with my CRUZE but weren't connected? The 2014 CRUZE does feel sturdy, I'll give it that!
Technology Electronic device Electronics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts