Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys i just got my 2013 cruze, i am not new to four cly engines i have owned a miata, protege, and my nissan altima. Which all have been 5 speeds. My cruze is the first turboed car i have owned and also my first auto. But the wife cant drive a manual car.

My question is how do i get my turbo sound. I have had cai, or sri on all my cars in the past but i am a diy kinda person so i need some ways i can get what i am looking for at home with not spending very much.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
No worries. I fixed your grammar lol.

I believe you want to be able to hear the blow off valve? What are you refering to as "turbo sound"? A CAI or SRI can greatly increase the "sound" of the BOV.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
I grew up on a farm with diesel trucks and large tractors with large turbo diesel engines, so when you say "turbo sound" I think of the jet-engine like whine that spools when the engine comes under load. Compared to those, the Cruze's turbo is inaudible. We're talking a tini tiny little turbo even compared to the diesel pickups running down the road.

Granted, my car is all stock, but the only time I can hear the turbo at all is when you start from a dead stop with the window open. You can just barely hear the turbo whine for the first few seconds as the car accelerates. There just isn't much turbo on this car to make much sound.

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
I grew up on a farm with diesel trucks and large tractors with large turbo diesel engines, so when you say "turbo sound" I think of the jet-engine like whine that spools when the engine comes under load. Compared to those, the Cruze's turbo is inaudible. We're talking a tini tiny little turbo even compared to the diesel pickups running down the road.

Granted, my car is all stock, but the only time I can hear the turbo at all is when you start from a dead stop with the window open. You can just barely hear the turbo whine for the first few seconds as the car accelerates. There just isn't much turbo on this car to make much sound.
With a SRI it is VERY noticeable, from pretty much the entire RPM range

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is there any ways do a sri with out paying for one i have a big cone flitter from my nissan i can put on it, i just need some place to put my dumb air sensor, the only car i have seen with an air sensor like this. this is why i drive 90's car lol

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
The MAF is extremely sensitive. It needs to be at the same depth, on the same angle, and in the same size tube it currently is in.

You really need to buy an intake to make sure the car can properly fuel itself, unless you have the tools and ability to exactly recreate the stock MAF housing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts