Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent seen this style of quick release on a cruze, but do they make a bumper release kit for the Cruze with button type release? Not the rubber band between two bolts kind but an actual button you push to release. Seen them on WRX, Evo's, BRZ's/86's, etc. Like these...

Bumper Quick Release

·
The Nuclear Option
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
5,391 Posts
I've never seen one but personally I don’t think I'd trust a setup like that.

With the right tools you can take the front bumper off in about 5 minutes if you leave the underbody shields off.

My bumper is only held on by 8 bolts and the underheadlight clips, all of which can be removed with the car on the ground.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never seen one but personally I don’t think I'd trust a setup like that.

With the right tools you can take the front bumper off in about 5 minutes if you leave the underbody shields off.

My bumper is only held on by 8 bolts and the underheadlight clips, all of which can be removed with the car on the ground.
One guy on youtube i follow uses them on the cars he builds. Thats not the only thing holding it on. He has a few screws on the radiator support and such. It just bypasses the way they clip onto the fender, making it easier to remove and much faster. Im always afraid im gonna break those fragile clips on the bumper that snap into where the fender is. 😕 🖖

·
Registered
993 Posts
With my old 2012 LTZ I had to take the bumper off 2X for maintenance. My daughters current Cruze the bumper has never been off yet. Think I will save my money.

Don't get me wrong, if you have to take it off frequently then certainly make it easier for yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts