Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quick TPMS question. I have a buddy that has a 2011 eco same as mine. He got a set of winter tires and a spare set of wheels and TMPS. The wheels are from a 2012 eco. Will I still be able to relearn the new sensors by letting air out of the tires as I do with mine. I think GM switched that in 2012ish where you had to have to tool to relearn and could not do the air method. I am not sure if that was all of GM or just certain vehicles. My wife has a 2013 Lacrosse and I can't relearn with the air I have to take it in to dealer to use tool.

So basically the question is will 2012 sensors relearn with the manual air method on a 2011
Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just FYI, you can by the tool the dealer uses to relearn the TPMS for 20 dollars on Amazon.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I think the relearn process by letting the air out is a function of the programming of the Body Control Module in the car.. So yes it may work. I haven't done this but I understand what your saying, as my early 2012 has this capability to program letting the air out. Late 2012's need the tool.

I believe all the TPMS sensors for GEN1 cruzes were the same part number, but you may want to confirm that with a catalog like Rockauto. There's typically two or three frequencies that these sensors talk with. Assuming the frequency is the same from 2011 to 2012 is a fair assumption, but maybe something I would confirm, by making sure a replacement part is the same for both years.

Sams Club has been good at TPMS, and has typically done this for free for me, if I go when they aren't crazy busy, and find a tech that's willing to talk cars a little bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts