Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Diesel OE wheels everything fits.. as long as it sits back far enough as the calipers it's fine.

For those of you wondering here is the part number for 2014 Diesel Hawk HP plus pads.. HB706 N.714

This info can be found on Hawks own webpage at:

do your year make model sub model=ltz and then notes= diesel. I know weird but it is under ltz then diesel that's probably why no one can find it. including hawk tech themselves?..lol

avaliable in that list are all the below for front and rear.

performance ceramic
DTC-30
hps 5.0
HPS
DTC-60
HP+
DTC-70

grab the part number and then go shopping at other sites.. Their website is usually higher.

if anybody has a hard time finding it let me know.
I called those assholes and asked them for a part # to get them from their dealer. They told me for the diesel calipers that are shared with the Verano they didn’t offer anything. Hawk was my go to before someone told me porter field made them.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
I wanted to from the get go to use hawk HPS 5.0 since they have longer rotor wear and a slight edge on stopping power vs the PC ceramics. But they told me they didn’t make them. I’m glad you found the part numbers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
can't find good help..lol

I was thinking about using dtc 30 ...look at their curve they are still good from 100 to 1200 granted it is less braking power but still decent... there has got to be some trade off. I was going to ask around at the track... most of the race compounds are no good at lower till about 400 ( which you could get to quick) but their high is way higher than street... thats why I'm questioning dtc30... its almost too good...

If anybody has input on the dtc30 from hawk?

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
can't find good help..lol

I was thinking about using dtc 30 ...look at their curve they are still good from 100 to 1200 granted it is less braking power but still decent... there has got to be some trade off. I was going to ask around at the track... most of the race compounds are no good at lower till about 400 ( which you could get to quick) but their high is way higher than street... thats why I'm questioning dtc30... its almost too good...

If anybody has input on the dtc30 from hawk?
I haven’t used their higher temp stuff as I stick to auto X where even street pads are fine. The diesel hs pretty powerful calipers for being single pot so even if it’s lower friction maybe you could make up a bit with higher pressure to a degree. If you Use light weight rims you should also be able to take a load of the brakes. Easier to slow the wheel.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,195 Posts
Diesel OE wheels everything fits.. as long as it sits back far enough as the calipers it's fine.
I was mostly asking because I expect, due to their design, they'll hold a bit more brake heat in.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
I was mostly asking because I expect, due to their design, they'll hold a bit more brake heat in.
When i did mountain runs I could feel a lot of heat in the rims. Normal but not good plus heavy.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
When i did mountain runs I could feel a lot of heat in the rims. Normal but not good plus heavy.
Yup - the combination of the stock wheels and the Xi3s make carrying the winter wheels up from the basement a good bit heavier than carrying the MSRs with Fuel Maxes up in spring. The stock wheels are definitely a few pounds heavier, but I believe them to be more aerodynamic. That said, since they don't have a "ton" of opening, I'd expect the MSRs to let the brakes "breathe" a lot more.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
I gotta get a set of track tires sooner or later do you recommend any rims?
Not too much offered in the diesel lug pattern. The Buick Verano has som e really nice sport rims that look great and should be less weight

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Not too much offered in the diesel lug pattern. The Buick Verano has som e really nice sport rims that look great and should be less weight
I didn't have too much of an issue finding ours - MSR had plenty in a 5x115.

Something lighter than stock and maybe with a touch less positive offset - I think our MSR 013s are a +38mm offset and weigh about 17 lbs? Pushes the wheels/tires out a bit more, which both looks a bit better and obviously increases track width a smidge.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I didn't have too much of an issue finding ours - MSR had plenty in a 5x115.

Something lighter than stock and maybe with a touch less positive offset - I think our MSR 013s are a +38mm offset and weigh about 17 lbs? Pushes the wheels/tires out a bit more, which both looks a bit better and obviously increases track width a smidge.
The only 17lb 17" wheel that is strong enough for daily driving is the Enkei PF01 and they are not offered in 5x115. Any lightweight 17" that IS NOT flow formed or forged will bend easily and not last with normal road hazards and will utterly fail with road racing

While researching wheel options for the Cruze diesel, The Velox Rifle was the "Best" wheel available in 17" and 18". Best meaning it is rotary forged construction and relatively lightweight at 21 and 23 Lbs. Unfortunately I did not like the machined face finish on my White Cruze so I went with the American Racing AR928 which comes in black.

So being in a race setting the Velox Rifle would be the best option for sturdy construction and weight. Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
I was just guessing based on what I remembered (hence, you know, the question mark) - from what I can find based on the manufacturer specs, they are 18.2 lbs.

Done just fine on horrible Michigan roads for years. Nor did I recommend them for road racing, either.

·
Registered
193 Posts
For brakes, I just got the Powerstop K5555 kit installed. It's much better than the OE brakes at or near the limit. No idea about longevity but for less than $400 bucks for vented, slotted and drilled rotors and ceramic pads it's a nice upgrade.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts