Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 Cruze LTZ RS. I noticed this AM that the rack and pinion makes a clicking noise when I turn the wheel back and forth. At first I though it was a bad CV Joint. But, the noise is present regardless if the car is moving or not. I don't know what it could be.. I can feel the click when I touch the tie rod or even the control arm. This is only apparent on the left side. I had the rack and pinion replaced a few months ago under the GM factory recall.

Could I possibly have another "bad" rack?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Craig Lambert
Phoenix, AZ

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The rack was replaced because it was "sticking" when driven a long distance in a straight line, like on the freeway. The ENTIRE rack was replaced, which cured the aforementioned. What I am experiencing is new as of today.

I can email a video of the noise if you want to send me your email address or email me a [email protected].. I tried to upload here. But, I receive a message stating it's too large.. It's 10 seconds long.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello. Here is a the link to the video I uploaded to YouTube.. I have noticed that when I start to move, the noise goes away. The noise is most apparent when stopped or backing up very slowing, like out of a parking stall.

https://youtu.be/at2XfqkMnEA

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry. The default fault is a bit small for me. he, he .. Anyway, I dropped the car off this AM to the dealership who who replaced the rack in June. So, we'll see what it finds. Hopefully, I will know in a few hours... I did the front brakes on Sunday, and I know everything is tight. I don't think it's a brake issue.. The noise is present regardless if I have the brake pedal depressed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts